Director of Contracts & Logistics
A Leading Healthcare, Supply Chain/Procurement Co. In The Middle East
Job description / Role
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic, and visionary leader with outstanding customer service and problem-solving skills to join our growing team. The ideal candidate needs to be a progressive out of the box thinker, with proven managerial skills, a passion for excellence, and an in-depth knowledge and understanding of 3PL warehouse and distribution logistics.
The Contracts & Logistics Director will provide leadership, direction, and oversight to our outsourced 3PL warehouse and distribution provider. You will develop and implement industry leading technologies with leading and best practices into a new warehouse and distribution model. You will lead and facilitate logistics discussions and negotiations with suppliers, and work collaboratively with members, vendors, staff and the 3PL provider to address issues, concerns, and establish best in class performance metrics and a performance management program with operational performance goals and KPIs.
The Contracts & Logistics Director will be responsible for maximizing the operating productivity capabilities to achieve economic commitments and increase customer satisfaction through negotiated contract commitments with vendors in the healthcare sector. Our ideal candidate has a strong history of Vendor Management in the UAE primarily within the Healthcare Industry, excels in maintaining client and vendor relationships, and has a real passion for identifying opportunities and sharing the benefits our procurement solutions offer. A strong network of contacts within healthcare vendors in the UAE is beneficial.
• Ability to understand and operate all areas of the supply chain.
• Take ownership for different projects and manage direct reports in a fast-paced environment.
• Negotiate prices with service providers for warehouse operations and deliveries (In & out bound).
• Manage and keep warehouse inventory and records of quality, quantity, transport costs, delivery times and efficiency.
• Keep up-to-date on shipping carriers, routes, rates and any changes to them.
• Direct and support the compilation and analysis of technical source data necessary for review of product development.
• Maintain and develop positive business relationships with a customer's key personnel involved in or directly relevant to a logistics activity.
• Report project plans, progress, and results.
• Review logistics performance with customers against targets, benchmarks, and service agreements.
• Build, Lead and Manage our Vendor Management Team.
• Contact Vendors with Supply Contracts and trading terms.
• Manage your team to Negotiate competitive and “Best in Market” supply terms.
• Review Vendor supply chain methodologies and Identify inefficiencies/ efficiencies.
• Review Vendor Price Files and identify potential supply opportunities.
• Continually monitor and track Vendor performance.
• Provide Performance Management for your team to deliver KPI’s & stretch targets.
• Build and maintain positive client and vendor relationships.
• Ensures vendor compliance with contracts, laws, mandates and regulatory agencies as required.
• Review and direct vendor activities, ensuring performance meets service level goals and other terms and conditions are met.
• Monitors service provider operations and performance against service level agreements,
examines measured results for problem determination and root cause analysis, and takes appropriate action to correct failed activities, functions and processes.
• Review, develop and recommend processes to improve and/or enhance vendor operations and performance.
• Serves as first point of contact to resolve contractual related issues and vendor disputes.
• Prepares and presents to senior management team the status of vendor compliance while identifying any potential financial and/or compliance risk.
• Prepares annual vendor services budget and reviews contract budget variances and takes corrective action as needed.
• Conduct RFC’s / RFI’s / RFP’s / RFQ’s / Supply Contract Tenders.
• Proven 10 years minimum Logistics & Contracts Manager experience.
• Record of successful distribution and logistics/ Vendor contract management.
• Monitor and manage budgets in relation to department.
• Demonstrates the ability to lead, train and manage staff.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, negotiating, and organizational skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree is preferred.
• Previous Operations Management experience is essential, GPO experience is preferred, GCC/UAE market knowledge is desired.
• Knowledge of Healthcare Provider and Vendor market is required.
• Advanced Analytical and P&L Management experience is a plus.
• Computer literacy in MS-Office package especially MS-Word, MS-Excel and PowerPoint is required.
• Excellent presentation skills and command of the English language, Arabic language is a plus.
About the Company
A leading healthcare, supply chain/procurement company in the Middle East.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies