Job description / Role
CODA Education are pleased to be working in partnership to find an exceptional candidate for a leading Education Consultancy based here in Dubai.
Are you passionate about empowering young people through higher education?
Would you like to live in one of the world’s most dynamic and exciting global cities and earn a tax free salary?
Are you thinking about attending grad school, but want a job that will combine personal enrichment with professional growth?
Then this could be the role for you!
For the last seven years, our client has helped international high school students achieve their fullest potential through U.S. and Canadian higher education. Our students have been awarded over $45 Million USD and have secured admission to over 150+ North American universities, including all eight Ivy League schools.
Our client operates on the philosophy of helping students find the right “fit” and assists students of all academic levels. Their Educational Consultants are all graduates of top U.S. universities and care about helping students not only navigate the admissions processes, but grow as people.
• With a truly international team of consultants that can speak ten languages and a shared passion for education.
• They have gone on to pursue advanced degrees at Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, Georgetown, Johns Hopkins, and many other leading graduate programs.
We are looking for a Director of Counseling to lead our clients growing team and transform young people’s lives.
The successful candidate will be an exceptional people manager and experienced in supporting small teams. International experience is desirable along with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the industry.
There will be ongoing professional development, and continuous support will be given. In addition to working directly with students and families, the Director of Counseling will implement positive process changes, empower and motivate the team and be in direct support of the CEO.
Candidates should have:
• A minimum of 5 years teaching/counseling experience preferred
• A proven track record of managing a team of 5+ consultants and/or experience as a US university Admissions Officer
• A passion for education and for mentoring youth
• Cultural awareness and the desire to work with students from over 30 countries face-to-face
• A bachelor’s degree from a top accredited U.S. university
• Master’s degree preferred
• The ability to manage people and processes, as well as improve existing counseling infrastructure
• Fluency in English and excellent communication skills
• Exceptional writing skills and the ability to coach students to become better thinkers and writers
• Ability to build meaningful relationships with families and to mentor students
• Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and manage timelines
Employment and Working Hours:
• Flexible depending on availability
About the Company
CODA Talent is a global search consultancy built on the fundamental belief that “people are our greatest asset.” With over a couple of decades of experience, CODA has a solid understanding of how-to do-good business. Our network is global and consists of Directors, CEO’s, VP’s, Senior Managers and Business Leaders. We pride ourselves on securing top talent for business-critical positions often in difficult to fill territories on a permanent, freelance or fixed term contract basis.
CODA's innovative talent solutions utilize the key elements of Contingency and Executive search tailored to the specific requirements of our clients. We support the ‘Nationalization Drive’ which is a key component of the ‘social inclusion’ agenda of many countries today. Our clients see the need to work with a focused and truly dedicated partner to identify the best talent. Across the globe we support public and private sector organisations with experienced national hires from within our network who we have worked with over the years.
CODA also supports Women in Leadership: With extensive experience of connecting people we have had the privilege to meet and network with some of the most talented women across the globe. From Leadership to Entrepreneurship to Technology, CODA Talent plays an active role in the identification of key women who are making a remarkable impact in the industry. We support women to achieve their full potential and we encourage our partners to be a part of this initiative.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Director Dean's Office
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||22 Sep|
Academic Vice Principal
Communications and Corporate Affairs Director
Chief Academic Officer
University of Balamand Dubai (UOBD)
School Support Manager
Beaconhouse School System