Job description / Role
We are currently seeking for dynamic, ambitious and self motivated culinary professionals to join our Corporate Office team who will assist CVP – F&B Operation to organize and direct a team that develops top quality Food & Beverage products.
As a Director of Culinary you are responsible for organizing, planning, coordinating and executing the culinary services in all Rotana hotels and brands. The role involves menu development, training and maintenance of the culinary brand standards and will include key responsibilities such as:
• Achieve consistent profit and performance through the implementation of structured culinary achievements, seeking economies of scale, inventory control, developing manuals, training, and timely follow up, recipe costing and theoretical / actual food costs
• Analyze strengths and weaknesses of all culinary service operations such as cost of product, inventory par levels and general policies and procedures in order to most effectively implement changes to improve culinary service operations and most efficiently allocate resources
• Establish standards, guidelines and objectives, and maintain other administrative processes such as budget and staffing requirements to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of culinary services
• Monitor and evaluate all reporting outlets / hotels in order to ensure the proper planning for short and long-term strategies; monitor and evaluate performance of all food and beverage responsibilities in order to facilitate ongoing improvement of culinary operations for optimal quality, safety and profit
• Establish and maintain standards for food quality, presentation, handling, sanitation, and safety in alignment with company standards and applicable regulations
• Develop, create, implement and audit culinary hiring standards tools, culinary program training tools and culinary skills development tools
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
• You should be a college / university degree graduate with a minimum of two years experiences in a similar role with preferable previous experiences in the Middle East.
• You must be computer literate with effective presentation skills along with an excellent command of written and spoken English.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on professional with a creative and solid culinary background and the passion for quality and excellence. Ability to complete projects timely and accurately is critical. You must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills and should possess following competencies:
• Understanding the Business
• Planning for Business
• Valuing Diversity
• Customer Focus
• Influencing Outcomes
• Team Building
• Leading People
• Drive for Results
• Managing Operations
About the Company
Rotana currently manages a portfolio of over 100 properties throughout the Middle East, Africa, Eastern Europe, and Turkey, with an aggressive expansion plan in place. Rotana has chosen to acknowledge how precious time is by making all time spent in their range of hotels 'Treasured Time'. This means Rotana has pledged to understand and meet the individual needs of all guests. In so doing, Rotana has evolved its product brands to include, Rotana Hotels & Resorts, Centro Hotels by Rotana, Rayhaan Hotels & Resorts by Rotana, Arjaan Hotel Apartments by Rotana and The Residences by Rotana. Treasured Time. The Rotana promise to you.