Job description / Role
The role of " Director - Development" is to oversee the overall execution of all real estate projects and infrastructure in timely manner & ensure the highest standards in the industry.
• Direct Development activities and provide strategic leadership and tactical implementation for organization's projects.
• Responsible for all planning, strategy and Master planning approvals.
• Leading permitting strategies, planning structures and procedures.
• Manage internal and external teams to ensure that feasibility, program, design, technical, quality and leasing specifications of projects are achieved through to completion and handover.
• Oversee and review preparation of project specific Development and Design briefs to reflect project intent and objectives.
• Prepare the development and operational business plans (including market research due diligence reports, financial analysis, investment strategy, anchors strategy, pricing, Sale & lease strategy, risk register and exit strategy) of the projects.
• Implementation and execution of general principles in contracts, expenses, service level agreements etc. and maintain a broader business perspective.
• Expert knowledge of the properties organization and key partners, various areas and objectives (e.g real estate, construction architecture, facilities, lease and property management, retail merchandising, market analysis etc.).
• Instruct, organize and coordinate all development disciplines with the objective of harmonizing the diversified functions to deliver completed projects in accordance with the objectives established in the approved business plan.
• Establish, update and regularly report on the consolidated risk register and mitigation measures.
• Develop and actively lead the risk mitigation measures to ensure that the business cases are secured to meet profit and turnover targets.
• Anticipate and oversee orient budgets and project / process plans. Approves expenses and project change requests.
• Understands trade-offs and budget implications. To make sure portfolio of projects is completed on time on budget and meets scope expectations.
• Review the property laws and provide advice on its impact on the development.
• To ensure the project-development in timely and cost effective.
• Managing the project within the budget.
• Perform other tasks that are closely related to the position, as assigned by Top Management.
• Master's/Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Architecture/Real Estate Development/Urban Planning or related discipline.
• At least 15 years of development management experience on major real estate development projects, primarily master planned high rise building, hotels and gated communities.
• Experience in value engineering and working in GCC real estate sector is highly desirable.
Skill Sets Required:
• Proven expertise in real estate development management, program management, financial analysis, property appraisals, business analysis, financial modelling & real estate market dynamics.
• Substantial experience in managing the real estate development process from project initiation, acquisition to project structuring, design, construction, commission and operation.
• Exceptional communication and negotiation abilities with strong organizational skills and capacity to work under pressure.
• Easily adapts and responds to unpredictable and unexpected events, pressures, situations and job demands.
About the Company
A leading real rstate company in UAE.
Head of Construction
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE
Project Manager - Museum Construction
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|
Ignite Search & Selection
Senior Development Manager - Real Estate
Project Director - Arabic Speaker