Job description / Role
The Director of Ecommerce Applications is responsible for strategic planning, development, execution and implementation related to all of Global Hotel Alliance’s (GHA) websites and mobile applications. She/he will work with the marketing team to develop the strategic direction and is responsible for budget expenditures and staff oversight of the web department. The Director of Ecommerce plans, organizes and leads the web department to meet GHA’s strategic goals.
The Director of Ecommerce Applications utilizes her/his knowledge of web technologies, techniques and best practices to help position GHA's websites and mobile applications for the future. She/he maintains and develops a competent, productive and quality-conscious workforce.
She/he will prepare and control operating budgets and department resources by forecasting future ecommerce application (web, mobile app, extranet, etc.) funding needs of the GHA, as well as act as a consultant for GHA for initiatives related to web and mobile app development and implementation.
• Effectively manage the ongoing development of all GHA managed web sites and mobile applications
• Optimize and innovate web sites and applications to meet and exceed KPIs
• Analyse and improve performance, stability and scalability
• Analyse Google Analytics and other tools to gain insights; work with the Data & Analytics team to gather web metrics and reports on trends
• Develop the ecommerce strategy along with key stakeholders
• Develop, manage and maintain APIs and other web services along with third party providers
• Manage all third party relationships with appointed web agencies and other service providers
• Oversee the effective deployment of landing pages for all marketing campaigns
• Lead and direct a small ecommerce team to achieve ecommerce objectives
• CMS management and support: Assist with Brand requests and access requirements; proactively identify areas for improvement and growth
• Liaise with and support Brand Champions and 3rd party agencies to ensure a consistently high quality of all ecommerce applications
• Develop web infrastructure, utilize applications to ensure technical performance and assess new technologies to determine the best fit for GHA's needs
• Coordinate web functions, monitor web activities, incorporate new technologies into the web site and enhance existing websites
• Ensure compliance with applicable legal requirements and company policies on web site usage, security and standards
• 5- 7 year experience in ecommerce (small to mid-size ecommerce business preferred)
• Understanding of e-commerce solutions and projects and with technical background knowledge in development and programming
• Experience in managing digital and web projects throughout the full lifecycle whilst meeting deadlines
• Thorough understanding of website usability and interfaces, experience in database-driven web applications; preferably with a development background using HTML, CSS and XML
• Proficient in optimal user path experience, website design, IA, web configurations, web analytics, and metrics
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to work closely with clients, technical teams and internal stakeholders; must be fluent in English, written and spoken
• Strong competency in creating requirements briefs and then transforming them into tangible project deliverables
• Ability to report and manage expectations with internal stakeholders and third-party providers.
• Proficient in CRM practices, content publishing, CMS processes; ezPublish skills an advantage
• Understands information architecture and content design requirements
• Understands Oracle databases and Opera Web Services
• Digitally minded with a talent for creative working
• Experience in the hospitality or travel industry an advantage
• Self-started who can manage multiple projects with varying deadlines
• Strong work ethic and a get-the-job-done attitude; Possesses strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment
• Extremely detailed oriented
• Understands cultural differences and multi-national brands and business standards
About the Company
Global Hotel Alliance (GHA) is the world's largest alliance of independent hotel brands, bringing together more than 30 brands with over 550 hotels in 75 countries. GHA uses a shared technology platform to drive incremental revenues and create cost savings for its member brands. GHA's award-winning loyalty programme, DISCOVERY, provides 15 million members exclusive opportunities to immerse themselves in local culture wherever they travel.