Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people lives?
At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 90+ cities across 13+ countries and host over 15 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here .
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Director of Engineering, you will utilize strong management and technical competencies to lead, mentor and grow our engineering teams. This is a senior role with a blend of technical skills, management and strategy.
You lead from the front and help other developers around you to grow. You will have an opportunity to make a tremendous impact on the region and the trajectory of the company.
Key responsibilities include:
- Inspire, mentor and lead agile engineering teams to deliver high quality products.
- Grow engineering team as needed, providing guidance on compensation (budget and allocation) and promotions
- Assist your teams in developing roadmaps for system and product growth, then identify, plan, and execute projects to support that growth.
- Represent your team to senior leadership and other groups to build a challenging vision and ensure you have the resources to deliver it.
- Clearly communicate business goals to our engineers and keep them at the focus of how we build products. Ensure engineering is always adding business value and communicate this value to business leaders
- Strong ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Experience solving large-scale engineering challenges
- Encourages and supports others to take on responsibility, authority, and accountability.
- Track-record of technical leadership
- Director / Head of Engineering in an organization that experienced massive scaling
- Experience in building an agile and high-performing engineering organization.
- Competitive salary and equity shares
- 25 working days annual leave
- Entrepreneurial working environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentorship and career growth
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Director of Operations - Technical Services
Swisslinx Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||1 Feb|
Vice President - Operations Improvement & Strategy - Industrial Goods
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Group IT Manager
Senior Facilities Manager (Client Relations)
Dubai Properties (DP)