Job description / Role
Fairmont - Dubai - Director of Finance and Business Support
Why work for Fairmont?
Join a dynamic team and be part of Fairmont's thoughtful family.
At Fairmont, our passion is to connect our guests to the very best of our destinations. From the beaches of Hawaii to the deserts of the United Arab Emirates to the heart of London, our hotels offer guests extraordinary places, created by combining unique architecture, expressive decor and artistry, and magnificent features. Add engaging service, and the result is an unforgettable guest experience.
What is in it for you:
Plays an important role on finance operations support across all regions of AEMEA. This individual will be based in Dubai corporate office to support hotel DOFs in the region. This role will cover the direct support needs of hotel DOFs which can be through online or on location depends on requirements. In same time, she/he will be leading various projects, being part of system implementations, organizing new DOF onboarding, implementing trainings, supporting hotel openings, ensuring accurate & timely reporting, preparing corporate level reviews and analysis.
- Supporting and communicating with hotel DOFs day to day basis based on their support requests or corporate office requirements.
- Being expert on hotel financial and operating systems as like Sun and Opera.
- Fixability on traveling to different locations based on hotel and corporate needs.
- Deep knowledge on USALI and hotel financial processes to able to guide hotel finance teams
- Supporting new hotel openings, takeovers & integrations
- Tracking hotel accrual/forecast and budget reporting processes and ensuring on accuracy of data.
- Organizing onboarding process of hotel DOFs with tolls and SOPs.
- Giving direct support to hotel finance team in case of absence of any hotel DOF
- Organizing group or individual trainings on financial subjects
- Reviewing hotel reports and questioning them individually based on their performance
- Reviewing HMA/HFA together with hotel DOFs
- Support on implementation of remediation activities of Internal Audit observations
- Being part of any financial projects
- Attending hotel performance reviews with corporate team.
- Roll-out and implementation of Fairmont global and regional policies & procedures
- Reviewing corporate level regional reports and prepare financial presentations.
- 5+ years at the DOF or above level
- Strong experience in Hotel Finance & Accounting
- Accounting or Finance degree
- Ability to travel to all areas of Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa
- Previous experience in engaging with GM's, VPO's, corporate teams
- English is mandatory, additional French and Arabic language preferred
- Leadership, ownership and spirit of conquest as key qualities
- Collaborative, communicative and quickly able to integrate into different hotel environments/cultures
- Independent work, self motivated
- Good communication
- Decision making
- Numerical and analytical skills
- Training and development skills
- Tech driven
- Knowledge of Accor systems (preferred)
Your team and working environment:
You will be working with the Global brand Loyalty team and coordinating with wide Commercial team on a daily basis.
We Are Fairmont Heartists
Our buildings are grand and our people exceptional. Our architecture gives us presence, but we are the heart and soul
We Are Home To Events That Matter.
We contribute to the collective vibrancy of our destinations and are part of their enduring spirit. We share a passion for culture with our guests, and we're honored to be their trusted guide.
We Are Empowered.
We take care of the little things and the big things. We believe moments that engage the heart create lifelong memories.
We Push Ourselves Every Day.
We strive to always be better; to not stand still. We know where we're going, and we will leave the world a better place.
There Is No Room For Ordinary In Anything We Do.
We're proud to share our past with generations of colleagues who created our rich history, and we accept our responsibility to follow in that tradition-it inspires our future.
We Lead From The Heart.
We make genuine connections, and we cherish every opportunity to make the people around us feel special.
We Are A Family.
We celebrate our differences, we support each other, and we always stand together.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo!
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.