Job description / Role
- To ensure that each food and beverage outlet and banquet is managed successfully as an independent profit center.
- To ensure that each outlet is managed by a Management Team (Outlet Manager / Chef de Cuisine) who are totally accountable for their profitability.
- To coordinate the formulation of the Annual Operating Budget in determining outlet projected revenues and expenses, operating equipment and FF&E requirements in line with the compilation of the Annual Business Plan.
- To monitor all costs and recommend measures to control them.
- To ensure that the Department Operational Budget is strictly adhered to.
- To ensure that all the outlets and banquet are managed efficiently according to the established concept statements.
- To ensure that the minimum operating standards are adhered to in order to achieve the level of service established in the Departmental Operations Manual.
- To represent the Food and Beverage Department on the hotel's Executive Committee.
- To recruit and select Food and Beverage Heads of Department who are able to work within the decentralized management philosophy.
- To monitor service and food and beverage standards in all outlets and banquets.
- To work with the Outlet Managers, Banquet Manager and Executive Chef to take corrective action where necessary.
- To handle all guest complaints, requests and enquiries on food, beverage and service.
- To establish a rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationship.
- To ensure that all Departmental Operations Manuals are prepared and updated.
- To co-ordinate the formulation of the Annual Marketing Plan to establish a list of marketing activities in line with the compilation of the Annual Business Plan.
- To ensure that all Food and Beverage forms and reports are forwarded accordingly.
- To conduct monthly Food and Beverage Meetings.
- To conduct daily operations briefing with the Outlet Managers, Assistant Managers or Supervisors.
- To identify market needs for both, hotel guests and the local market.
- To monitor and analyze the activities and trends of competitive restaurants, bars and other hotel's banqueting departments.
- To ensure that all Outlet Management Teams and Catering Department are fully aware of market needs and trends and that their products meet these requirements.
- To respond to any changes in the Food and Beverage Department function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
- Must be an example of the Sofitel Values, Brand Standards, and a champion of appearance & hygiene guidelines
- Implements guidelines, policies and procedures for those operating departments according to Sofitel Guidelines & Standards
- Must apply the Sofitel Food & Beverage rituals
- To train and develop Outlet Managers so that they are able to operate independently within their own profit centers.
- To ensure that each Outlet Manager plans and implements effective training programs for their ambassador with the Training Manager and Departmental Trainers.
- To develop departmental trainers and assign training responsibilities.
- To assign responsibilities to subordinates and to check their performance periodically.
- To conduct ambassador yearly performance appraisal.
- To identify and develop young talents within the organization for future potential growth into the group
- To carry out quarterly, bi-yearly, yearly inventory of operating equipment.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.