Job description / Role
Quest Search & Selection is currently working with a Beautiful 4* internationally known Hotel based in Abu Dhabi, UAE and they are on the looking to place a creative and forward-thinking Director of Food & Beverage.
Your key role as the Food and Beverage Director is to hold ultimate responsibility for the hotels Food and beverage functions and oversee the development and delivery of a creative strategy for the Hotels food and beverage sector across all revenue generating areas.
The Director of Food & Beverage will be responsible for:
• Reporting to the General Manager.
• Property to flourish in the region (people, profit, results + reputation).
• Plan the yearly targets and financial budgets.
• Lead and support all F&B departments in the achievement of their operational targets via effective organization, policy and procedural development, and training activities.
• Working in conjunction with the Culinary Director for the planning of food promotions and ensures all preparation of food is done according to recipes and presentation standards.
• Produce innovative promotions, menus and concepts.
• Controls the quality standard of food in the entire operation and the commitment to service excellence.
• To be accustomed with local food hygiene and HACCP standards as per Abu Dhabi Municipality.
• Working with the Director of Sales and Marketing to incorporate the strategy into the complete hotel.
• Development of the hotel, including financial forecasting and overseeing the health & safety.
• Motivating and engaging colleagues to continuously deliver the best possible service to guests.
• Ensure high standards of guest service and constantly identify ways to improve product and service.
• Manages employee schedules of the entire F&B division.
Requirements for an Ideal (Director of Food & Beverage):
• Previous experience as an F&B Director in a luxury hotel or Resort or with a luxury independent restaurant company.
• Advanced knowledge of the principles & practices with the Food & Beverage profession.
• University/College degree in hospitality is required.
• Confident, proactive, punctual and capable of making decisive decisions.
• Ability to foster strong relationships, interact and communicate to others at all levels of the organization.
• Superb communication skills, passionate, creative, strategic and innovative.
• GCC experience preferred but international candidates will be considered.
• Pre- Opening experience is an advantage.
• Ability to communicate in Arabic will be beneficial but not essential.
You will be entitled to the following:
A competitive tax-free salary and expatriate’s benefits.
If you don’t hear back from us, please note that due to the requirements of this role, we can only respond to candidates who meet the above criteria.
About the Company
Quest Search & Selection is a specialist recruitment consultancy with over 20 years' experience in sourcing the world's best candidates for the global Retail, FMCG and Hospitality sectors.
With offices in the UK & Dubai, we have an international presence and a global reach. Our recruiters place candidates locally and internationally for a wide variety of roles focusing on the following areas:
Retail Buying & Merchandising, E-commerce & Digital, Food & Beverage, Hotels, Hospitality & Operations, Retail Stores & Operations, HR & Recruitment, Procurement, Supply Chain & Logistics, Sales & Marketing, Technical and New Product Development.
We work in partnership with our clients who range from famous international brands within the Retail, Restaurant, Hotel and Consumer products space. Our reputation is built on our in-depth understanding of the industry and our consultants' skill, knowledge and passion for their sectors.