Job description / Role
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids' Club.
Director of Food & Beverage
Directly reporting to the Resident Manager, the Director of Food & Beverage will overlook the entire F&B Operations, including 11 outlets. He/she will maintain a consistent presence on the floor and will have a sharp eye for details. He/she will ensure that the strategy and vision set for the department is followed and he/she will ensure that memorable service is always delivered.
- With a strong emphasis on operational supervision the Director of F&B monitors the operations and assists in running the day-to-day activities of the outlets and banquets.
- To ensure that the monthly forecasted food and beverage revenue figures are achieved.
- To ensure that the outlets and banqueting operation are managed efficiently according to the established concept statements.
- To supervise the employees within the department, ensuring that the correct operating standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Hotel and Department Operations Manual.
- To assist in the training of employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency and in the most productive manner.
- To liaise with the Kitchen department on daily operation and quality.
- To handle all guest complaints, requests and enquiries on food, beverage and service.
- To establish a rapport with guests to gain feedback on our product and operation quality.
- To maintain market awareness on consumers expectations and market needs and trends in the city
- To suggest new products and services in order to anticipate guests needs
- To attend all Food and Beverage Meeting and Daily Operations Meeting and to run daily operational meetings
- To ensure that all employees report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform/attire and nametag at all times.
- To strictly adhere to the established operating expenses and that all costs are controlled.
- To establish and strictly adhere to the par stocks for all operating equipment and supplies, to ensure that the outlet is adequately equipped.
- To control the requisitioning, storage and careful use of all operating equipment and supplies.
- To ensure that outlets are kept in good and hygienic condition.
- To conduct employee performance appraisals as required. Identify and develop young talents within the organization for future potential growth into the service or within the group.
- To assist in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development. Ensure you encourage them to maintain good relationships with their colleagues and all other departments.
- To ensure that all employees are treated fairly and consistently as outlined in their terms and conditions of employment, local legislation, and company / hotel policies and procedures.
- To participate in the formulation of the Annual Operating Budget in determining outlet projected revenues and expenses, operating equipment and FF&E requirements in line with the compilation of the Annual Business Plan.
- To participate in the formulation of the Annual Marketing Plan for all the outlets and to establish a list of marketing activities in line with the compilation of the Annual Business Plan.
- Bachelor degree in Hotel Management
- Previous Food & Beverage experience in a senior leadership role mandatory
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in Luxury Hotels
- Experience in a leadership role in the UAE is a must
- Oral and written fluency in English
- Motivator and self-starter
- Displays initiatives and always open to new ideas
- Commitment to professional values
- Customer / people oriented
- Strong local market knowledge, always acutely aware of the latest F&B/culinary trends
- Well connected and networked in Dubai with key influencers and decisions makers
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Lively and energetic personality, that shines through in every interaction
- A passion for excellence and delivering high quality personalized and unique services
- A creative and out of the box thinker, with a never say no attitude
- Extrovert / open minded
- Willing to work long hours and weekends
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
General Manager - F&B
RTC-1 Employment Services
Food & Beverage Operations Manager
MAYKS HR Consulting
Cluster Director Food & Beverage
Operations Director - Retail, Hospitality, F&B, Automotive