Job description / Role
We are Heartists®
"Heartist © " describes both our culture and who we are. Everything we do comes from the heart, and we're experts in what we do. Generous, attentive, and free, we ensure that everyone can come as they are, and feel like they belong. As one big team, we know that only together can we do amazing things!
We believe that the world is more welcoming when we're connected. So that we see what we have in common, instead of what sets us apart.
Life in Adagio & Ibis Styles
We create memorable stories for our guests and fellow Heartists® offering personalized experiences with a Glocalized urban touch.
We discover together and are flexible to our guest's discerning needs.
Trendy, curious, creative and open minded blended with entrepreneurial spirit; our Heartists® bring life into the cluster.
- To function as the Business Manager and a Marketing Specialist for the Food & Beverage Department and to ensure the outlets and meetings venues operate successfully and are individually profitable in accordance with the standards of the hotel.
- Plans, directs, controls, coordinates and participates in all F&B activities.
- To interact with individuals outside the hotel including but not limited to, clients, suppliers, government officials, competitors and other members of the local community.
- To establish a rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationship and handle all guest complaints, requests and inquiries on food, beverage and service.
- Prepares annual outlet goals and budgets as outlined in the hotel's Plan and adheres to the same
- Is responsible for the overall F&B P&L, team management and stakeholder management.
- Develops themes and initiatives to actively promote & position the F&B offer.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities:
Planning & Organizing:
- Co-ordinates an effective and efficient Payroll Management / Resource allocation through establishing a flexible work force throughout the Division, based on the principles of Multi Skilling and Multi Tasking
- Attends and contributes to all staff meetings Departmental and Hotel Training as scheduled and other related activities.
- Prepares with the respective teams, a yearly business plan for outlet and room service, which is the basis of the Food & Beverage Annual Marketing Plan
- Establishes, implements and controls performance of the F&B service team in outlet and room service so as to achieve the highest possible hygiene standards, minimize Operating Equipment breakage, streamlined, efficient resource and equipment flows
- Monitors and analyzes the activities and trends of competitive F&B offer and their achievements
- Is aware of trends, practices and equipment in food and beverage preparation and service in the hotel and restaurant field through trade fairs, networking and literature.
- Plans and prepares a planning calendar on quarterly basis, promotions and mailer campaigns on Social Media with culinary and marketing teams.
- Tracks traffic and movement on Facebook, Instagram and other SM pages of outlet. Is responsible for amending when necessary, creates competitions, uploads pictures, reply back to customers in coordination with Marketing team.
- Ensures that all Heartists in his/her team report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform, name badge and are displaying Heartist Behaviors at all times.
- Is fully aware and conversant of ISO9001/14001 and EarthCheck policies and procedures and is responsible to integrate them in the day to day operation.
- Recruit the headcount for his/her team.
- Carries out annual performance appraisals on managers under his/her responsibility, sets targets and ensures that appraisals are conducted for employees
- Displays exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment, counselling employees as appropriate and demonstrating a dedicated and professional approach to management.
- Convene meetings with his/her team at regular intervals for information purposes.
- Responds to any changes in the Food & Beverage Department function as dictated by the industry, company, brand and hotel.
- Ensures that all the outlet(s) are managed efficiently according to the established concept statements and adhere to Company and Hotel Policies & Procedures and Minimum Standards
- Assigns responsibilities to Heartists and checks their performance on a daily basis, monitors standards and team development.
- Collaborates with the Executive Chef for menu development, service design, displays and ensures that the food and beverages are served as per standards.
- Collaborates with the Executive Chef to review cost prices, sources of supply, food and beverage sales, trends, inventories, etc
- Ensures that inventories are kept and maintained properly in accordance with defined par-stocks.
- Ensures food and beverage and venue(s) safety procedures are complied with and applied according to the Municipality Rules & Regulations.
- Ensures compliance with local authorities rules and regulations (opening hours, liquor selling etc)
- Improves sales volume and capture ratio in all outlets by all means.
- Makes all efforts through selling, upselling and applying Restaurant Revenue Management in order to maximize outlet(s) sales, revenues and profits.
- Liaises with the F&B team in Regional office for initiatives and adhere to the same in enhancing the F&B imprint of the hotel while calculating the ROI on different initiatives.
- Is alert and responsible for internal F&B marketing material and implementation of brand guidelines in outlet(s), rooms, other public areas and signages along with Heartists areas.
- Is responsible for replying to, acting upon and coordinating for any guest feedback through different channels (including Social Media) and reports back to the Hotel Manager,
- Responds to changes in the departmental functions (statutory regulations, industry requirements and / or changes in Accor or hotel policy).
- Ensures that all Heartists are fully empowered to handle guest complaints and to exceed the guest expectations.
- Ensures that health, hygiene and safety regulations are complied with and applied in the hotel under HACCP standards and is responsible for its implementation.
- Checks and analyzes all management reports, to control and (or) to correct any discrepancy, in turnover, average per cover, ratio, business forecast, Heartist data...).
- Ensures that all Departmental Operations Manuals, Policies & Procedures and SOPs are prepared and updated annually.
- Ensures that all Food & Beverage forms and reports are forwarded in time to concerned departments.
Generic Aspects on Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment/Confidentiality:
- Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture entrusted for Heartists use.
- Be well-familiar with the hotel's policies and procedures, well-acquainted with the physical layout of the hotel and its premises and knowledgeable of the hotel's emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threat, black-out and evacuation.
- Knows the safety regulations and ensures their application & ensures the safety of people and property in the hotel.
- Respects and ensures respect of the hotel's commitments to the "Environment Charter" of Planet 21 program (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc).
- Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel's policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Ensure that confidential records and other confidential information are properly safeguarded and are not removed from the office.
- Does not disclose any financial information or any other information of the Accor Hotels.
Our values are our common language, they drive us every day. Embodied in and flowing through our Heartist program, a symbol of our identity and culture, these values are the bedrock that binds us to the Group. They perpetuate and spread -beyond professions, persons, countries and cultures- the sense of hospitality and service, our strength and nourishment of the Group's success worldwide.
We obsess over our customers. Our guests are the driver of our decisions and our actions. We put them first, we care for them. We go the extra mile for them. We enjoy doing it.
We believe that hospitality has the power to unlock a better tomorrow. We act for good to support & empower the communities in which we live and protect the planet that you visit.
We are connected with the world, and to others. We enjoy the mix of cultures. We are proud of our differences. We put you first and we value you, whoever you are. We care for the planet
Spirit of Conquest
Our guests are globetrotters, and so are we. We want to be where they want to be. We explore, we initiate, and we develop. We are ambitious for our guests. We make the impossible possible, we have fun doing it.
Hospitality is a team sport, and we're stronger when we trust and support each other. We believe in natural kindness, respect our differences and value all voices. We work as one team, to say what we do, and do what we say.
We dare to challenge the status quo. We embrace innovation and challenge ourselves to do things better and faster. We take risks, dream the impossible and make it possible.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.