Job description / Role
Director, Food & Beverage
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, exceptional service and flavours are the hallmarks of every dining experience. As Director, Food & Beverage, your leadership and vision will ensure outstanding operating results through exciting menu offerings and promotions, an engaged team and consistent guest satisfaction.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Maintains standards of food and beverage quality and guest service quality.
- Achieves budgeted/forecasted revenues and expenses and maximizes profitability related to the food and beverage department.
- Contributes to the profitability and guest satisfaction perception of other hotel departments.
- Implements and maintains local and national sales/marketing programs.
- Develops short term and long term financial and operational plans for the food and beverage department which support the overall objectives of the hotel.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual hotel budget.
- Increases level of guest satisfaction by delivery of an improved product through employee development, job engineering and quality image.
- Manages in compliance with established company policies and procedures.
- Manages in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Maintains procedures for security of monies.
- Maintains procedures for credit control and handling of financial transactions.
- Maintains inventory control procedures.
- Receives departmental relates guest complaints and ensures corrective action is taken
- Manage the Human Resources within the division. Direct and oversee recruitment and development of employees; hire, train, empower, coach and counsel, performance and salary reviews, resolve conflict through fair treatment policy, discipline and terminate as appropriate.
- Develop, recommend, implement, and manage the division's annual budget, business/marketing plan forecasts and objectives to meet/exceed management expectations.
- Implement and manage all company programs to ensure compliance with the SOP's and LSOP's; to include safety and sanitary regulation, all federal, state and local regulations to ensure optimal levels of quality service and hospitality are provided to the guest.
- Market the Food and Beverage outlets; develop and manage the implementation of menus, package deals, promotions, displays, decorations, and presentations within corporate guidelines to capture more in house guests and a larger share of the local market to meet/exceed sales and financial goals and objectives.
- Manage the maintenance/ sanitation of the Food and Beverage areas and equipment in the hotel to protect the assets, comply with regulations and ensure quality service.
- Resolve customer complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality.
Your experience and skills include:
- Service focused personality is essential
- Previous experience in a similar leadership role is a must
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities and the ability to lead by example
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.