Job description / Role
Director of Food & Beverage
Ready for a career move and be part of the pre-opening team? We are looking for a new talent to play a vital role in our F&B Department working alongside a fantastic team.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- To ensure that each food and beverage outlet and banquet is managed successfully as an independent profit center.
- To ensure that each outlet is managed by a Management Team (Restaurant Manager / Chef de Cuisine) who are totally accountable for their profitability.
- To co-ordinate the formulation of the Annual Operating Budget in determining outlet projected revenues and expenses, operating equipment and FF&E requirements in line with the compilation of the Annual Business Plan.
- To monitor all costs and recommend measures to control them.
- To ensure that the Department Operational Budget is strictly adhered to.
- To ensure that all the outlets and banquet is managed efficiently according to the established concept statements.
- To ensure that the minimum operating standards are adhered to in order to achieve the level of service established in the Departmental Operations Manual.
- To represent the Food and Beverage Department on the hotel's Executive Committee.
- To recruit and select Food and Beverage Heads of Department who are able to work within the decentralized management philosophy.
- To monitor service and food and beverage standards in all outlets and banquets. To work with the Restaurant Managers, Banquet Manager and respective Chef de Cuisines to take corrective action where necessary.
- To handle all guest complaints, requests and enquiries on food, beverage and service.
- To establish a rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationship.
- To ensure that all Departmental Operations Manuals are prepared and updated.
- To coordinate the formulation of the Annual Marketing Plan to establish a list of marketing activities in line with the compilation of the Annual Business Plan.
- To ensure that all Food and Beverage forms and reports are forwarded to the Corporate / Area Food and Beverage Departments.
- To conduct monthly Food and Beverage Meetings
- To conduct daily operations briefing with the Restaurant Managers, Assistant Managers or Team Leaders.
- To identify market needs for both, hotel guests and the local market.
- To monitor and analyze the activities and trends of competitive restaurants, bars and other hotel's banqueting departments.
- To ensure that all Outlet Management Teams and Catering Department are fully aware of market needs and trends and that their products meet these requirements.
- To respond to any changes in the Food and Beverage Department function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
- Must be an example of the Rixos Values, Brand Standards, and a champion of appearance & hygiene guidelines.
- Implements guidelines, policies and procedures for those operating departments according to Rixos Guidelines & Standards
- Must apply the Rixos Food & Beverage rituals to all existing Outlets.
- To train and develop Restaurant Manager so that they are able to operate independently within their own profit centers.
- To ensure that each Restaurant Manager plans and implements effective training programs for their staff with the Training Manager and Departmental Trainers.
- To develop departmental trainers and assign training responsibilities.
- To assign responsibilities to subordinates and to check their performance periodically.
- To conduct employee yearly performance appraisal.
- To identify and develop young talents within the organization for future potential growth into the group
- To carry out quarterly, bi-yearly, yearly inventory of operating equipment.
- To undertake duties of the Duty Manager as dictated by the Hotel's Duty Managers Roster
- To ensure that all employees are treated fairly and consistently as outlined in their terms and conditions of employment, local legislation, and company / hotel policies and procedures.
- To ensure that all employees report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform/attire and name tag at all times and to ensure they maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department appearance standards.
- To ensure that all employees provide a friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
- To assist in the training of employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency and in the most productive manner.
- Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company's Heartist service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
- Positive Orientation
- Operational Decision Making
- Self-Development & Management
- Developing an Empowered Team
- Leading an Engaged and Diverse Team
Leading the Business
- Advocating Guest Passion
- Business Planning and Analysis
- Business Improvement and Change
- Educated to bachelor's degree level or beyond, most likely within a business-related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Prior experience as a Department Head in a large, fast paced organisation
- Fluency in verbal and written English is essential - an additional language eg Russian and Arabic would be an advantage
- 5 to 7 years' prior experience in a similar role in luxury hotels
- Must be a highly capable user of Microsoft office programmes including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Previous working experience in a truly global work environment is essential
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.