Job description / Role
Position: Director of Housekeeping
Reports to : Director of Rooms
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To oversee the operational requirements of the Housekeeping Departments ensuring the highest standards of excellence at all times, whilst maintaining a professional and well-organized service.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compile Standard Operating Procedures for all areas of responsibility, ensuring that they are periodically updated
- Ensure that all auditing and reporting standards are conveyed to staff and adhered to
- Ensure that residents enjoy an impeccable housekeeping product and that services offered by housekeeping staff are offered in a timely manner
- Conduct quality control inspections of all areas of the hotel under his/her responsibility and share results with her team including his/her Superiors
- Work with Chief Engineer to maintain areas of the hotel to the highest standards and assist in scheduling periodic property maintenance followed by spring-cleaning
- Conduct monthly Staff Meetings and daily briefings with Operational Managers
- Manage all outside contractors relating to his/her department ensuring they follow all hotel policies
- Ensure that staff rosters are produced in accordance with business requirements
- Oversee operations of Laundry and Linen, Flower and Decoration, and Butler Service
- Perform related duties and special projects assigned, including Duty Management
- Maintenance of all FFE & OS&E Supplies
- Overall in charge of Housekeeping department
- Prepare all departmental budgets and manage all operational costs within budgets
- Monitor and control inventories for operating equipment including linen, crockery and glassware where applicable
- Ensure all OH&S legislation, policies and procedures are adhered to
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
- Must be able to lead and manage a team and have previous experience of doing so
- Knowledge of Opera Property Management System would be desirable
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Degree in Hotel Management
- Minimum 7 years Housekeeping experience preferably in a luxury hotel environment with 5 years at a management level
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.