Job description / Role
The Director of Internal Audit will lead internal Audit activities to evaluate and improve effectiveness of the group risk management, control, and governance processes.
They will be responsible for strategic leadership & day to day operational activities of the Audit department and taking on more complex aspects of larger audits or conducting more sensitive investigations independently.
My client is a large group of businesses in the healthcare space.
The Director of Internal Audit directs & contributes to a comprehensive program of internal auditing and serves the Board of Directors in its responsibility for oversight and leadership. You will report administratively to the Chief Executive Officer, but be accountable to, and takes direction from, the Board's Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee.
Your key decisions will involve:
• Making recommendations to the Board & CEO on audit decisions that have an organization-wide impact.
• Making key decisions to avoid errors & ensure accuracy in audit processes across the organization, to avoid substantial expense and provide critical and complex value of an audit.
• Making decisions regarding analytical and modelling techniques and tools which impact organizational reporting.
Your key strategic accountabilities will include:
• Contributions to the development & refinement of the department's strategic initiatives, in line with the group's overall strategy, and ensure alignment across assets and departments
• Set Internal Audit Department guidelines and performance objectives, in coordination with the CEO
• Continuously monitor progress and development towards organizational and departmental strategic objectives
Your key organizational accountabilities will include:
• Overseeing the establishment of the shared Internal Audit department including its people, processes, and technology requirements
• Overseeing the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure all relevant requirements are fulfilled whilst delivering high-quality services
• Prepare the yearly budget of the Department and control costs to respect the limits of the allocated budget
Your key operational accountabilities will include:
• Evaluate and contribute to improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes
• Design and implement a quality assurance and improvement program for the Internal Audit Department
• Oversee assignments to initiate internal audits, lead the development of tools and checklists, & oversee delivery
• Lead data collection & analysis to detect deficient controls, duplicated efforts, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies
• Provide informed and independent opinion to the audited asset on compliance with internal policies, guidelines, exceptions and deviations ensuring that the group fosters ethical and compliant behavior
• Lead the development and communication of action plans to relevant departments & monitor progress of implementation
• Contribute to investigations on the misuse of resources when applicable to drive optimization across the group
• Direct the preparation of reports and distribute them to the relevant stakeholders to highlight issues & problems
• Ensure all KPIs for key strategic processes are relevant and being measured periodically as per the guidelines to better monitor process performance, across assets
• In return, my client offers an excellent salary range, as detailed above, in addition to a very strong family benefits package. They are well known in Abu Dhabi for having one of the nicest working environments of any major organization in the region.
The successful candidate will currently be in a senior Internal Audit role (Director / Head of) and will have existing UAE experience.
You will also demonstrate the following competencies:
• Communicates with purpose - Conveys ideas &information to groups for mutual understanding, commitment and action.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Head of Internal Audit
Big Fish Recruitment
Director of Internal Audit
Internal Audit & Risk Advisory - Director
Senior Internal Auditor