Job description / Role
Our client, an investment firm y is looking for a Director of Investment to lead the Investment and Portfolio team. The successful candidate will carry out all activities relating to identifying, originating, assessing, analysing and tracking investment deals from the investment team, focusing on deals originating and be responsible for any other deals as assigned by the CIO. The Director of investment has end-to-end for transactions, working under the guidance of the CIO, and based on directions and approvals of the Investment Committee of the Board of Directors. The Director of investment will also assist the CIO in executing the responsibilities related to Portfolio Management.
• Participating in strategic asset allocation for the company
• Stakeholder and Customer Management
• Keep abreast of latest developments in target markets and sectors to spot opportunities
• Cultivate relationships with industry participants to source potential deals
• Preliminary identify investment opportunities and gather relevant information about the opportunity
• Routinely bring investment opportunities to the Chief Investment Officer for his appraisal and decision-making
• Follow the investment process in developing analysis & documentation for new deals based on the guidance of the CIO and the Investment Committee
• Supervise a team of analysts to build financial models, gathering and analyzing data, and preparing presentations and research
• Develop Preliminary Investment Proposals (PIP) and Final Investment Proposals (FIP) for ongoing deals to present to the Investment Committee
• Track progress of deals through the deal flow cycle and record status at various points in time
• Lead the diligence process and evaluate new investments, co-investments and secondary transactions
• Coordinate all middle-office and back-office functions required to close deals
• Based on the Investment Committee and CIO guidance & approval, structure a deal, draw up the legal documentation and execute the investment
• For completed investments, handover control and all documentation to the Portfolio Management team
• Identify divestment opportunities for portfolio companies in accordance with goals
• Create divestment report to Investment Committee and obtain divestment mandate
• Successfully execute divestments
• Liaise effectively with the external parties to perform tasks and serve as a single point of contact for interactions on ongoing deals
• Manage day-to-day functioning of the Investments & Portfolio Management teams
• Lead key functions such as administration, budgeting & finance, human resources management, etc.
• Review, monitor & analyze the performance of the financial investments of the company; including legacy investments
• Conduct analysis of market data (e.g., curves, prices, volumes) used to value portfolio positions
• Monitor risk exposure of the investment portfolio, inform CIO of risks outside of defined levels, carry out risk mitigation and management based on set guidelines
• Prepare reports for the top management to inform about portfolio performance and aid decision-making
• Prepare reports for shareholders or other stakeholders in order to provide necessary information on a case-by-case basis
• Executes financial investment transactions as per CIO guidance
• Monitoring the target level of returns on the portfolio and investments
• Generating a strong pipeline of deals for investments
• Timely allocation of capital according to the asset allocation policy
• Actively reviewing the investment positions and participate in senior management discussions related to the investments
• Highly experienced investment/private equity professional holding leadership positions
• Solid understanding of investment theory and economics, equity, fixed income and alternative investments, asset allocation, performance measurement, attribution analysis, customized benchmarking, and various models
• Working knowledge of Windows, Excel, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters or similar software
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Accounting / Business Administration or another related field.
• 9+ years of experience in carrying out investments including experience in research, deal origination, analysis, and deal closure
• CFA / MS/ MBA / Master’s in Finance from a top university is preferred
• Investment certifications are a plus
Whilst it is open to other nationalities, UAE nationals would be preferred.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience of working in an investment company, with a blend of experience covering different investment classes.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Turnaround Restructuring (TRS) Senior Vice President – Global Management Consultancy
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Private Equity & Investments Strategy Manager
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Principal - Turnaround Restructuring & Strategy
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Director of Finance