Director of MFL - September 2023
Job description / Role
About the Role
GEMS Wellington International School is looking to appoint an inspiring and passionate linguist to lead a vibrant and dynamic department for September 2023. The Director of Modern Foreign Languages position is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic leader with previous experience and responsibility for the leadership and management of languages across a school, and staff within the department.
The role will be hugely rewarding and will provide an excellent platform for career development and promotion to Senior Leadership positions. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, hardworking and committed to the school's vision and ethos. The responsibility allowance and timetable remission are commensurate with the professionalism and commitment required.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Develop the vision for Modern Foreign Languages in the forthcoming years to support the aims, priorities and ethos of the school.
- Quality assure and maintain the outstanding learning and teaching of Modern Foreign Languages within specific phases and across the school.
- Plan for the continuous training and development of staff within the Modern Foreign Languages department.
- Implement the process of strategic action planning, target setting and monitoring for all teachers and post-holders.
- Review the Modern Foreign Languages curriculum to ensure the best possible outcomes for students with seamless transitions between each phase of the school.
- Drive the National Agenda priorities associated directly with Education, ensuring practice and key messages are embedded.
- Manage the Languages resources across the school to include the ordering and renewing of resources and equipment within the specified budget.
- Develop the schools Extra-Curricular Languages Program, providing high-quality opportunities for learning.
- Organise Languages trips that are educational, inspirational and fun for our students to attend.
- Lead and undertake the performance management reviews of the Modern Foreign Languages leaders and teachers.
- Where appropriate, support the interview/selection process for teacher recruitment and ensure effective induction of new staff.
- Actively pursue your own professional development as a leader.
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- A full teaching qualification, holding aBEd, PGCE or equivalent
- 2 years experience as a leader
- Experience working in a through school environment (age 3-18) is preferred
- A track record of raising achievement and improving outcomes for students
- Experience working in an international setting is preferred
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including:
Competitive tax-free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, free schooling, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence, and end of Service Gratuity.
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.