Job description / Role
We're looking for a Director of Product Design to lead our talented product design team. In this role, you will drive the product design vision for all our products and be responsible for making sure we have the team, processes and strategy in place for building a world class, delightful user experience for our users.
In this role, you will:
• Own the end-to-end design process of the team to drive high-velocity high-quality product design.
• Build a strong user/customer research program to validate problems and solutions.
• Be an advocate for breathtaking and elegant experiences.
• Promote new, modern design standards and patterns.
• Lead design team reviews.
• Champion great UX in the face of technical constraints
• Work collaboratively with product managers and engineering to realize your vision
• Deliver a constant focus on improvement. Leverage metrics, user testing, innovative design-thinking to
• Guide your leading design decisions.
You must have:
• A track record of leading and inspiring design teams and 6 to 8 years of designing marketplace e-commerce products for mobile & web. Experience with B2B products will be a strong plus.
• Experience setting up user research programs and testing methodologies that drive design decisions.
• Excellent understanding of lean product development and agile engineering methodologies such as Scrum and/or Kanban
• A commitment to brilliant experiences and top quality design
About the Company
We recruit the very best talent for middle management positions across a range of functions and sectors.
Think you've heard all that before? Read on.
We're here to make recruitment better. Better for our clients, our candidates and our own recruitment professionals.
We build relationships, not databases, and add real value that helps organisations and individuals grow. We are a team of functional and sector specialists delivering a genuinely consultative service that is underpinned by the depth of both our market knowledge and the client & candidate networks we have built.
As a part of the Redgrave Group, we work alongside Redgrave Partners, a leading executive search firm. This helped to inspire our unique approach of introducing a search led methodology to the middle management space.
Our clients love it. And as a result, we are one of the fastest growing professional recruitment groups on the planet.
Whether you're hiring or changing jobs yourself, you can't afford to get it wrong. Argyll Scott will ensure you get it right.