Job description / Role
Director of Professional Services, Digital Solutions - MEA
What you will do:
The Director of Professional Services, Digital Solutions is a key role directly reporting to the VP Operations of the Middle East & Africa region. You will be based in Dubai to lead the Professional Services team's goal and provide all of our customers a world-class implementation experience with our Digital Solutions products which will ultimately lead to a higher level of customer satisfaction and retention. Given the nature of JCI Digital Solutions for smart buildings, this will ensure the implementation of operational technology (OT), hardware for IoT platforms, sensors, gateways, networks, integration to BMS systems, software applications, and connectivity to Microsoft Azure cloud. Microsoft Azure is the JCI cloud solution for the JCI Digital Vault product, and it will involve building a direct specialist delivery team and a network of third party installers for components of the OT hardware.
You will work within a vibrant environment that will provide a platform for you to use your leadership experience coupled with your technical knowledge of overall digital solutions within the Middle East & Africa region.
How you will do it:
As part of a newly created Digital Solutions MEA team you will lead Digital Solutions, client implementation service delivery, providing oversight to the management of implementation projects, staffing resource, project assignments, capacity planning and project profitability with following responsibilities:
* Responsible for the overall leadership and lead the implementation projects of our enterprise digital solution
* Build, lead and manage the region Professional Service Delivery team that maintain the complete control on the project schedule, facilitate timely decisions to maintain project schedule and budget, identify project risks early and assist by providing prudent and timely recommendations to avoid the risk factor, set and manage client expectations, create and execute project work plan and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs, communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions, continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
* Oversee and execute process improvements and the development of policies, procedures, methods and tools in support of delivery
* Support pre-sales processes and working with sales and account management professionals to win new business, implement business, proposal review and refinement, recruiting and staff development
* Establish a strategic plan along with other business leaders, maintain a strong relationship with solutions delivery & sales team, clients, account managers and other business leaders in support of cross-product business
* Serve as a core member of the Management Team and provide management with regular project updates
* Serve as a critical advisor and help to set the strategic directions for the implementation and professional services teams
What we look for:
* MBA, BS or MS degree in a related field or equivalent experience is preferred
* Minimum 10 years of experience demonstrating management and leadership experience, preferably in a Digital Solutions/IT software professional services environment
* Strong operational management, project management, consulting, technology and process improvement skills
* Prior experience in leading enterprise software and/or SaaS client implementations either as a vendor or customer
* Genuine passion and commitment in providing superior customer experiences through successful software implementations
* Able to understand and articulate the customers perspective and foster skills in the JCI Professional Services team
* Attention to details and strong organizational skills with multitasking abilities
* Self-motivated and able to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment
* Proven ability to deliver results in a high-performance organization
* Excellent skills in ensuring resolution and closure of problems, contract negotiation and conflict management
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills
* Able to influence the scope and management of initiatives across organizational boundaries
* Ability to build and maintain relationships with team participants, business stakeholders and Senior Management across organizational boundaries and lead cross-functional teams
* Confidence, knowledge, and ability to make informed decisions
* Risk identification and assessment as it relates to software implementation projects
About the Company
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 120,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities.
Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.