Job description / Role
• Purchases and Bid Process
• Responsible for all phases of the requisitions for proposals (RFP), request for quotes (RFQ) used for soliciting bids for all applicable equipment, products and services. This includes, (in conjunction with the appropriate Authority personnel), developing the request for proposal (RFP) and/or (RFQ) document; distribution of the document to the potential bidders; and advertising in the appropriate periodicals and Authority website. Responsible for overseeing and controlling the pre-bid process, acceptance, opening, and approval of the winning bid. Oversees contract development for goods and/or services in accordance with the RFP or RFQ. Ensures Authority and bidder compliance with all terms and conditions of the contract. Responsible for authority centralized inventory, distribution, receiving, and related duties associated with materials management.
• Responsible for review, preparation of specifications, purchase requisitions, purchase orders and contract agreement documents. Consults with end-users to clarify needs and assists to develop specifications and scope of work requirements. Analyzes and evaluates goods and materials requested for compliance with specifications and standards. Oversees and may facilitate supplier selection, price negotiations, orders and, coordination of pick-up and/or delivery of orders. Recommends best method of procurement such as: direct purchase, credit card, requests for proposal (RFP), or bid. Ensures all purchasing processes, acquisitions of equipment, goods and services are in accordance with Authority Board policies and procedures and in accordance with State, local and federal law and guidelines.
• Facilitates meetings, including, but not exclusive to: pre-solicitation meeting, pre-bid meetings, bid/proposal openings, and other meetings with suppliers and end-users. Responsible for procurement process for complex services which may include formal advertisement or high dollar value, such as Capital Equipment. Evaluate quotes, bids and proposals; prepare award documents (purchase orders or contract agreements). Ensures complete records of all published bids, bids received, bids awarded, all quotations requested and received, purchase orders, and contract agreements.
• Maintain accurate and up to date departmental databases, reports and logs. Monitors procurement calendars to ensure an appropriate response to contract renewal dates or termination dates. Responsible for completing the procurement process or contract renewal in a timely manner. This includes allowing sufficient time to complete the approval process. Also, responsible for allowing time to complete the contract process so there is a seamless transition and no loss of service or purchasing of goods.
• Supervision and Purchasing Programs
• Prepares annual departmental budget and monitors. Assists in developing and updating the authority’s procurement policies and procedures and prepares written directives, with particular emphasis on items concerning Aviation to reflect industry “best practices” and be in compliance with the Authority’s board policies and procedures and with State, Federal and Local laws. Assists in developing internal industry procedures and contracting formats to facilitate the procurement process and to reduce procurement cycle time while ensuring or fostering full and open competition.
• Hire, train and instruct personnel in purchasing and contract administration techniques and procedures; and evaluate the performance of staff, providing regular input regarding quality and quantity of work; and provide employees with guidance and direction to correct deficiencies and improve productivity.
• Provides training to staff regarding the use of the LRAA Procurement Procedures Manual, LRAA Signatory Authority, proper use of account codes, and other procurement related topics deemed appropriate or necessary from time to time.
• Works with the Equal Opportunity Programs Department to assist in the identification of, and outreach to, Local Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (LDBEs), Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs), Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs) and Women’s Business Enterprises (WBEs) for participation in contracting opportunities. Provides advice to the procurement staff and internal customers on contracting methods and procedures to advance and promote equal opportunity goals and requirements. Provides support and/or conducts overall outreach efforts to promote and improve contract and policy efforts related to procuring of goods, services and construction.
• Coordinates with the legal department and various offices in developing contract documents and negotiating and settling protests, disputes and claims. Coordinates with other offices, such as accounting, risk management and audit, to ensure compliance with the Airport Authority procedures and requirements. Coordinates with all departments to procure appropriate warranties and service packages as part of the initial purchase options. Coordinates with all departments to procure routine or recurring non-professional services.
• Develops process and procedures and monitors trends of the Vehicle Fleet Fuel System. Acts as the Authority’s P-Card program coordinator. Oversees departmental compliance with the Record Retention policy. Develops and implements procedures for the disposal of all obsolete supplies and equipment. Provides for coverage and support (on-site or remote access) during snow or other declared emergencies. Oversight to tracking and/or disposal of recyclable materials such as wooden pallets, scrap metal, used oil/antifreeze, computers, etc. in compliance with regulatory guidelines. Responsible for reporting of departmental activities.
• The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the incumbent of this job. Incumbent may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
• Additional Information / Benefits Finger prints are taken for the Criminal History search
• Also, a 10 year Work History is conducted on all candidates who accept a contingent offer of employment
• Eight years of responsible experience in an acquisition/contract administration/finance function
• Bachelor’s Degree in any field providing a strong foundation for success in the duties in this job description, or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training
• Minimum five years public procurement experience preferred [less]
• Possess a high ethical understanding and excellent integrity
• Interpret, analyze and synthesize complex information
• Exercise sound judgement and make appropriate and accurate recommendations
• Ability to manage a diversified workload and be flexible to rearrange priorities as necessary
• Multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
• Work cohesively with all levels of management, departments and co-workers
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Perform detail oriented work and conduct appropriate follow-up
• Manage and maintain confidential information and work product at all times
• Understand low bid, best value, and sole/single source acquisitions
• Work independently and be self-motivated
Communications with Others:
• Communicates and interacts effectively with internal and external business contacts including, but not limited to: other Airport Authority employees (such as DEDs, directors, managers, supervisors, professionals, and support staff), procurement employees, consultants, vendors and suppliers, key stakeholders and others to exchange information, to discuss/negotiate/administrate contracts, to make formal presentations, to collaborate and coordinate fully, and to perform other functions
• Frequently interfaces with senior members of the contracting community
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.