Director of Revenue
Job description / Role
- Drive Market Share and Revenue Performance through proper pricing and mix management.
- Analyze competitive reports and formulate appropriate strategies through use of Deloitte & Touche Reports, Hotelligence and Market Vision
- Develop overall pricing strategy to include all market segments and distribution channels
- Provide guidance on corporate transient negotiated pricing, group pricing for each group, and wholesale pricing
- Ensure effective pricing strategies are in place to reflect asset strength relative to the competition in each market
- Ensure adherence to the Sofitel Pricing Policies of Rational Pricing and compliance to the Best Rate Guarantee (BRG)
- Effectively manage and be in control of all inventory (transient, group, wholesale allotments and other) and pricing strategy in all distribution channels including branded web, 3 rd party sites, TARS, and the GDS
- Lead the Director of Sales & Marketing and General Manager in the decision making process of promotion participation, offline contracts and pricing thereof
- Closely monitor competitive pricing and understand the impact of relative pricing decisions on property performance
- Review and analyze data on an ongoing basis
- Includes but not limited to Rooms Rollup, Pace, Group Backlog, Geographic Data, Enterprise Channel Reports, PMS Reports.
- Responsible for effective implementation and compliance with SOFITEL Revenue Management Standards
- Maintain the accuracy and timely entry of all relevant data in the Revenue Systems
- Complete understanding and effective execution of current and new RM tools. Includes PMS, IPS, Sales & Catering System, Market Vision, Enterprise Channel Reports and any new/similar tools or reports developed in future years
- Take a key role in property PMS Conversions
- Take the lead role in property RMS Installations
- Compliance to Sofitel Standards for Rate Plans, Rate Categories, Market Segments, Profiles and all other PMS/IPS related RM functionalities
- Ensure accurate and timely entry of rate plans
- Ensure Best Rate Guarantee compliance
- Clearly communicate to hotel team the strategic vision and objectives on how to drive revenues and improve performance
- Ensure hotel team members understand the concept of Revenue Management and their role
- Provide the hotel team with regular updates on hotel performance to include market share, market segment roll ups, and channel metrics
- Educate the sales team on the effective use of Opera S&C/Delphi to improve profitability of group bookings
- Share best practices and key learning's with peers, Regional Director of Revenue Management and Divisional RM team
- Identify and communicate to either Regional or Divisional RM team in addition to appropriate technical support bugs/enhancements affecting revenue management from all RM tools, including PMS, IPS, Channel Reports, and branded websites
- Lead the property's weekly Revenue Management Meeting and contribute to the Daily Operations Meeting
- Provide Executive Committee with regular revenue management updates
- Contribute and provide Revenue Management strategic vision during all Regional and Divisional Property Reviews and/or Pricing Meetings
- Take a strong leadership role in the bi weekly/Monthly Forecasting Meetings
- Produce accurate forecast on weekly and monthly basis (as determined by the hotel controller)
- Produce all relevant components of the Budget pertaining to Revenue Management
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.