Job description / Role
Director of Rooms
The Director of Rooms will lead the Front Office, Housekeeping, Guest Services, Spa and recreation. This is a hands on role that provides strategic leadership and functional guidance to operational leaders and partners. The Director of Rooms works closely with other executive committee members and department heads to support guest service and colleagues engagement throughout the hotel while at the same time maximizing overall hotel performance
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Ensure brand and service standards are in place, maintained, audited and celebrated
- To take the necessary action to maximize rooms revenue by increasing occupancy and average room rate, in order to exceed budget.
- Supports Food & Beverage Department in promotions to increase revenues in these departments via direct selling by Rooms Division staff.
- To maintain careful control over costs in the rooms department (overtime, room supplies).
- Assists the Sales effort of the Hotel by maintaining good client relationships (Key executives from travel trade, airlines, commercials, etc.)
- Assists the Management in the preparation of the annual budget, forecasts, replacements and investments planning and capital projects
- Coordination and information with the Housekeeping, Spa and recreation
- To maintain on a day-to-day basis the standards and policies of the Hotel as agreed by the General Manager
- Ensures all staff is thoroughly familiar with the Hotel's emergency procedures and, in a state of preparedness for any emergency, which may occur
- Execution of regular technical/skills training
- Is responsible for setting up and maintaining ongoing training programs in the Rooms Division in conjunction with the Director of Talent & Culture and Learning & Development Manager
- Ensures Front Office policies and procedure manuals are complete and kept up-to-date at all times, including all relevant job descriptions.
- Monitoring and supervision of consistent and accurate handling of the Repeat Guest Database within the Front Office computer system to have constantly proper mailing material available.
- Establishment of the monthly Rooms Division Report for the General Manager.
- Make sure discounts, complimentary, up-grading are administered and approved according to the internal policy.
- Involved in the development and execution of the hotel strategic plan
- Lead the performance review process of the division
Your experience and skills include:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Front Office and Housekeeping operations, policies and procedures
- Proven ability to effectively lead, motivate, coach and develop your team
- Strong guest service orientation and training skills background
- Self-motivated, with the ability to make effective decisions
- Ability to maintain high service levels under pressure
- Ability to consistently stand and walk through out shift
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Good communications skills.
Your team and working environment:
- Dynamic working environment.
- Defined development career path.
- Friendly and supportive team
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion :
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.