Job description / Role
- To coordinate an effective and efficient Payroll Management / Resource allocation through establishing a flexible work force throughout the Division, based on the principles of Multi Skilling and Multi Tasking.
- To ensure that each department in Rooms Division is managed successfully as independent profit center or a streamlined cost center.
- To ensure that each department in Rooms Division is managed by a Management Team (Manager / Assistant Manager) who are totally accountable for their profitability.
- To set, in close conjunction with each department head in Rooms Division, annual operating budgets, which will form part of the Hotel's Annual Business Plan.
- To monitor all costs and recommend measures to control them.
- To establish an integrated cost management plan through product lining, minimal inventories, joint procurement with sister hotels and Delivery on Demand where possible and cost effective.
- To ensure that the Department Operational Budget is strictly adhered to.
- To monitor all cost and recommend / institute measures to control them.
- To set and control with the General Manager, Director of Finance and Director of Human Resources, any incentive scheme for the Departmental Team or other department in Rooms Division.
- To prepare monthly forecasts and schedule resources accordingly.
- To ensure that all the department in Rooms Division is managed efficiently according to the established concept statements and adhere to Company and Hotel Policies & Procedures and Minimum Standards
- To implement a flexible ambassador base, with the right mix of Full Time and Part Time ambassadors.
- To allocate ambassadors over the Division based on established business levels for that day.
- To assign responsibilities to subordinates and to check their performance periodically.
- To represent Rooms Division on the hotel's Executive Committee.
- To support ambassador needs in other Divisions based on the hotel priorities and anticipated business levels.
- To monitor service and standards in all department in Rooms Division.
- To work with the Departmental Heads to take corrective actions where necessary.
- To be available and on duty during peak periods (frequently opening and closing the operation).
- To conduct frequent and thorough inspections together with the Departmental Heads in Rooms Division.
- To handle guest and ambassador inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow-up with guests.
- To establish rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationship and handle all guest complaints, requests and enquiries on Rooms Division services.
- To personally and frequently verify that guests are receiving the best possible service.
- To spend time in the department (during peak periods) to ensure that the department is managed well by the respective team and functions to the fullest expectations.
- To be demanding and critical when it comes to service standards.
- To ensure that the Rooms Division team projects a warm, professional and welcome image.
- To regularly inspect guest rooms to ensure the standard set is maintained.
- To work closely with Engineering Department on maintenance list of guest rooms and public areas.
- To ensure that all Departmental Operations Manuals are prepared and updated annually.
- To ensure that all Rooms Division related forms and reports are forwarded in time to the Corporate / Area Office.
- To conduct weekly Rooms Meeting.
- To ensure that all meetings are well planned, efficient and results oriented.
- To conduct daily operations briefing with the individual departmental managers (Departments that come under Rooms Division)
- To ensure that deadlines on all projects are met.
- To prepare with the respective departmental teams a yearly marketing plan for each department which is the basis of the Rooms Annual marketing Plan.
- To continuously seek ways to assist the Departmental management maximize their revenues and profits.
- To monitor and analyze the activities and trends of competitive hotels.
- To ensure that all Departmental Heads in Rooms Division are fully aware of market needs and trends and that their products meet these requirements.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as assigned by the Hotel Manager.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
General Manager - Hotel
Connected Group ME
Assistant Director of Food & Beverage
Big Fish Recruitment
Assistant Manager - Club Lounge
Director of Rooms