Job description / Role
Reporting to the General Manager, the
Director of Sales is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating all sales activities of the hotel, and leads and manages all day-to-day activities related to the sales function with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships.
- He/she is responsible for directing the sales efforts, by planning new sales activities and evaluating existing ones each in its turn catering for a specific market segment
- He/she is responsible to manage the sales efforts by securing and increasing productivity of the existing accounts and acquiring new ones.
- He/she is also responsible to develop sales efforts to ensure achieving and exceeding hotel budget, maximizing yield through effective management of the market segment and business mix and increasing & maintaining high levels of revenue for the hotel.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Developing & Executing Sales Strategies
- Works with sales leader to ensure understanding of sales strategy and effective implementation of this strategy for the segment.
- Works with management team to create and implement a sales plan addressing revenue, customers and the market for the segment led by the sales team.
- Assists with the development and implementation of promotions, both internal and external.
- Provides positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential (e.g., sets example with personal booking goals).
- Recommends booking goals for sales team meManaging Sales Activities
- Monitors all day to day activities of the sales team.
- Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
Analyzing & Reporting on Sales and Financial Data
- Analyzes market information by using sales systems and implements strategy to achieve property's financial room and catering goals.
- Assists Revenue Management with completing accurate projections.
- Reviews sales guest satisfaction results to identify areas of improvement.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies customer service and creates a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Empowers the sales team to provide excellent customer service.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
Building Successful Relationships
- Develops and manages relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Event Booking Center, Market Sales, GSO) to ensure the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary, not duplicative.
- Works closely with the revenue manager and operational head of departments
- Attends customer events, trade shows and sales missions to maintain, build or develop key relationships with customers
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Hotel Sales as Assistant Director of Sales in Dubai Hotel industry is required
- Must have a valid UAE driving license and a car.
- Bachelor degree required, additional education in sales and hospitality fields preferred
Level of Education
- Bachelor / Licence
Areas of study
Essential and optional requirements
- Pro active
- Team leader
- Results driven
- Power Point
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.