Job description / Role
Director of Sales
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Director of Sales to join our team; some of the key duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Knowledgeable and fully briefed on competitor activities and commercial successes
- Provide leadership for the Sales team setting and monitoring individual sales goals.
- Personally manage a selection of hotel key accounts and some geographical markets and partnerships
- Assist with the compilation of annual commercial plan, budget and other strategic planning documents as required.
- Meet personal revenue targets for Private Dining in the restaurant
- To effectively manage existing Agencies, Corporate and DMC's accounts.
- Undertake sales calls and presentations to develop and grow relationships and maximize revenues from Corporate, Agency and Group accounts.
- Prospect and develop target list of new potential accounts by defined industry segment and undertake tele-sales and other prospecting activity to realize potential revenues.
- Undertake sales trips within territory, sales blitzes and attend tradeshows as required and determined by annual sales trip and tradeshow planner, upholding corporate travel policy and in line with travel budgets.
- Conduct and entertain site inspections and host familiarization trips in line with hotel policy and budget.
- Bachelor's degree or 3 years previous hotel DOS experience required
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the sales and hospitality profession
- Should have very clear understanding of the travel industry, distribution channels, current market trends and the global economic outlook.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent command of the English language both written and verbal and good presentation skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary for the success of the resort.
- Must be able to travel internationally frequently for sales calls
- Displays a proven ability in driving sales revenue
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.