Job description / Role
We at Hyatt Centric are at the center of some of the most unique destinations in the middle of the action, in the know and always on-hand to serve up insider knowledge, intriguing tidbits and great conversation over a well-crafted cocktail. We're a local home base, preparing our guests to explore the best our cities have to offer so they can go forth and discover!
• The Director of Sales (DOS) has direct oversight of the sales operation of the hotel.
• The DOS has responsibility of the sales and marketing budget, forecasts, advertising, marketing and business plans, as well as the supervision of the Sales Team.
• Additional responsibilities include hiring of staff, training, managing and coaching.
• Must have thorough experience with professional selling skills: opening, probing, supporting, closing.
• Must possess exceptional negotiating skills.
• Must be proficient in general computer knowledge and able to train and monitor the process of sending referrals, setting traces and profiling accounts.
• Communication and organizational skills are of utmost importance for this position.
• 6 years or more of progressive hotel Sales experience (typically with Hyatt)
• Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic background
• With opening hotels, previous hotel pre-opening experience preferred
• Demonstrated history of success
• Results driven, energetic, and focused
• Service oriented style with professional presentations skill
• Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset
• Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, proven track record in high volume concept, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
• Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.