Job description / Role
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240 000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences
Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
We are excited to find the next Heartist® as Cluster Director of Sales, MICE, to join two iconic landmarks, Raffles Dubai and Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk
Ranked in the top 25 luxury hotels worldwide and number one in Dubai on TripAdvisor, Raffles Dubai is in a distinctive pyramid shape and offers 252 spacious rooms and suites starting from 70 sqm, boasting a balcony with stunning views of Dubai. Complemented by a 24-hour butler service, Raffles Spa, seven restaurants and bars, 11 meeting rooms and Raffles Ballroom.
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk opening first quarter 2020 has a striking Obelisk shape and will infuse Sofitel's French essence with an artistic balance of modernism and ancient Egypt. Featuring 498 rooms and suites starting from 44 sqm and 97 serviced apartments, the property will offer five dining concepts, Sofitel Spa, an outdoor pool with private cabanas, 10 meeting venues and one ballroom
Responsible of leading, directing and motivating the Sales team to ensure yearly sales budget is achieved and surpassed. Responsible for implementing management standards and quality guidelines in the Department set by the Director of Sales and Marketing. Assumes responsibility for all activities of the department in the absence of the DOS.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist the Director of Sales in the preparation of the yearly revenue & expense budget.
- To actively lead the Department's financial and administrative activities to ensure that yearly revenue budgets are surpassed.
- To assist DOS, DOSM and DRM with accuracy of revenue forecasting with most updated segments and market information.
- Responsible for Room Sales of managed accounts in MICE segment including all group bookings.
- With the guidance of the Director of Sales, lead the Sales team's financial, administrative and operational procedures to ensure the annual revenue and expense budgets are achieved.
- To prepare accurate administration reports such as sales call schedules, sales call reports, month-end and other reports are submitted on time to Director of Sales.
- To ensure each member of the Sales team is enrolled in Accelerate Program, each is aware of their incentive goals and updated with their monthly achievements.
- To set key performance indicators linked to budget and holding the sales team accountable for results.
- To review performance of the sales team, commending strengths and pointing out areas for improvement.
- To manage the top producing accounts within the MICE segment ensuring targets are met.
- To conduct sales calls with the team.
- To implement strategies to run the Sales team in an effective and efficient manner.
- To assist Credit Department in following up all outstanding balances of accounts in a timely manner.
- To encourage the sales team to cross sell other AccorHotels properties.
- To ensure the Sales team is responding to all inquiries within 24 hours.
- To organize team building activities to promote team work and camaraderie in the Sales team.
- To ensure the Sales team has great relations with all AccorHotels Global Offices.
- To personally meet and greet all site inspections in the hotel.
- To lead the team in increasing the group conversion ratio of the hotel.
- To be updated of all market trends and consult the Director of Sales & Marketing for possible actions.
- To be knowledgeable of all fire, health, safety, emergency and security procedures in the hotel.
- To represent the hotel in trade shows, road shows and business trip to build and maintain strong relationships with clients.
- To empower the team to take initiatives in their current roles.
- To constantly guide the Sales team, ensuring they are motivated, inspired and loyal.
- To build trust and team work among team members.
- To assist the Director of Sales & Marketing in recruiting new and developing talents in the team.
- To be a good example to all team members in terms of work & life balance, time management and quality of work.
- To train, coach and develop the team.
- To recognize and celebrate the success of team members in a timely manner.
- To act as Department Head in the absence of the Director of Sales.
- To implement duties, projects and other assignments assigned by the Director of Sales, Director of Sales & Marketing.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a sales position, preferably at an international 5 star hotel
- Degree/Diploma in Hotel Management / Business Administration
- Strong knowledge of Opera & Microsoft Office
- Understands the local culture and have worked in the region
- Fluency in English, written and spoken, is preferred
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
General Manager or Head of Sales
Excelsior Group ME
Prime Co. Middle East
A Leading Company In The UAE
B&S World Supply
Sales Manager - Government