Job description / Role
- To coordinate an effective and efficient Payroll management / Resource allocation through establishing a flexible work force throughout the division, based on the principles of Multi Skilling and multi Tasking.
- To establish annual budget, marketing plan and actions plans, with measurable objectives so as to achieve revenue and profit goals outlined in the annual business plan.
- To maintain complete and supported records of all sales agreements, contract and quotes for the hotel as per Sofitel Luxury hotels Policies and Procedures.
- To have a good understanding of contribution margins of each product results and work with respective heads of departments to maximize Operating results.
- To set individual sales goals by segments and by Director of Sales, Inspired Meeting Manager and Sales Managers, track and review productivity on a monthly, quarterly basis.
- To direct, and coordinate sales and inspired meeting team's activities in order to secure new and repeat business in order to achieve and exceed budget.
- To track, measure and analyze the productivity of the sales and inspired meeting team so as to achieve and exceed goals.
- To maintain a perpetual analysis of key accounts in the Dubai city market and group movements in the region.
- To have a thorough knowledge of the comp set activities in terms of sales and actions plans.
- To publish an accurate 90 day forecast of hotel room revenues in order to help operations department with staffing.
- To obtain and maintain an awareness of community, business, political and social factors which may affect hotel's financial objectives.
- To ensure that rooms and banquet space inventories are reviewed bi-monthly and strategies are formulated to fill low occupancy periods.
- To ensure that utilization of various technology and software is maximized and that clean data are maintained at all times.
- To attend major trade shows and corporate functions to network and promote the hotel.
- To entertain and ensure sales and inspired meeting teams entertain potential and actual clients.
- To actively participate in daily and weekly revenue meetings in order to help hotel reach and exceed room revenue budget.
- To ensure that all sales contracts follow the established Hotel Policies & Procedures and are based and sound commercial judgment.
- To define and target key accounts and develop effective solicitation with the sales and inspired meeting team.
- To review all blocked rooms and meeting space on a weekly basis to ensure that all business is traced for confirmation.
- To ensure a high level of exposure for the hotel through direct sales solicitation.
- To research and explore new markets and potential accounts for sales and inspired meeting team to follow-up.
- To review sales files to ensure correct booking procedures, including history, contract, and room block
- To ensure that sales and inspired meeting team project a warm, professional and welcoming image.
- To be demanding and critical when it comes to departmental standards.
- To ensure that all Departmental operations Manuals are prepared and updated annually.
- To ensure that an efficient and accurate filing system, both manual as well as electronically is maintained at all times.
- To conduct weekly meetings with the responsible of each section.
- To ensure that up to date records on system for all corporate and group accounts.
- To ensure that all meetings are well planned, efficient and results oriented.
- To keep and so safeguard all contracts and financial documents.
- To identify training needs and plan training programs for the team.
- To interview, hire and select sales team members who are able to work within the Sofitel brand standards, and agree to multi-tasking
- To ensure that the departmental employees are Multi Skilled and have the necessary skills to perform their duties and maximum efficiency, through consistent training in accordance with the annual Training plan.
- To assist in the training of subordinates as part of the effort to build an efficient team and to be able to take an active interest in their individual development and welfare.
- To supervise the ambassadors within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Department Operations Manual.
- To conduct ambassador yearly performance appraisal.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.