Director of Talent Acquisition & Talent Management
Job description / Role
Turbo - Fairmont - Dubai - Director of Talent Acquisition & Talent Management
Why work for Fairmont?
Join a dynamic team and be part of Fairmont's thoughtful family.
At Fairmont, our passion is to connect our guests to the very best of our destinations. From the beaches of Hawaii to the deserts of the United Arab Emirates to the heart of London, our hotels offer guests extraordinary places, created by combining unique architecture, expressive decor and artistry, and magnificent features. Add engaging service, and the result is an unforgettable guest experience.
Reporting to Director T&C Corporate in Dubai, the Director of Talent Acquisition & Talent Management will contribute to Fairmont's strategy to identify "best in class" talent to join the organization & develop, initiate and maintain effective programs for workforce retention, promotion and succession planning.
- Responsible for the broad oversight of talent acquisition activities within the global organization.
- Monitor recruitment procedures, from sourcing to hiring, and identify high-potential candidates across a wide range of executive leadership roles that support Fairmont globally.
- In charge of planning, developing, and implementing an effective Talent Acquisition strategy for the organization, including, building a strong Employer Brand.
- Work closely with the business to identify critical talent needs, create targeted pipelines and programs.
- Identify and implement innovative ways to source candidates and to develop partnerships to build talent pipelines (i.e. colleges, specialty organizations)
- Lead the roll-out of the new Talent Acquisition platform, build user guides, educate field teams and liaise with the Hubs on regional needs.
- Plan employee referral programs.
- Reviews employment applications and background check reports.
- Attend career and college fairs, and similar events.
- Determine HR and recruiting hotels KPI.s.
- Create and present KPI reports.
- Organization and oversight of individual and team training programs (both outsourced and in-house.)
- Plan & manage regular employee performance evaluations.
- Conduct skills gap analyses.
- Develop employee retention programs and team building activities.
- Craft policies to support internal promotions.
- Build succession plans.
- Discuss career-path options with high-potential employees and their team leaders.
- Coach employees and act as their consultant regarding learning and development activities.
- Responsible for reporting of recruitment, talent, and employment. Communicate the data to members of the organization.
- Create guidelines for hiring practices within the organization.
- Proven work experience as a Director of Talent or similar role with a minimum of 8 years of experience within an Executive Recruiter or Talent Management Manager role
- Familiarity with performance management and relevant software.
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources tools (e.g. Applicant Tracking System).
- Experience partnering and influencing senior hiring managers and executives throughout the recruitment cycle.
- Strong experience in luxury hospitality recruitment.
- Bachelors or master's degree in Human Resources, Business or a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of hiring processes, skill development, and organizational analysis frameworks.
- Proficient at using software and leveraging technology for talent acquisition processes.
- Analytical mindset, and critical thinking abilities.
- Skilled at negotiation, presentation, and execution.
- Strong networking and relationship-building skills.
We Are Fairmont Heartists
Our buildings are grand and our people exceptional. Our architecture gives us presence, but we are the heart and soul
We Are Home To Events That Matter.
We contribute to the collective vibrancy of our destinations and are part of their enduring spirit. We share a passion for culture with our guests, and we're honored to be their trusted guide.
We Are Empowered.
We take care of the little things and the big things. We believe moments that engage the heart create lifelong memories.
We Push Ourselves Every Day.
We strive to always be better; to not stand still. We know where we're going, and we will leave the world a better place.
There Is No Room For Ordinary In Anything We Do.
We're proud to share our past with generations of colleagues who created our rich history, and we accept our responsibility to follow in that tradition-it inspires our future.
We Lead From The Heart.
We make genuine connections, and we cherish every opportunity to make the people around us feel special.
We Are A Family.
We celebrate our differences, we support each other, and we always stand together.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo!
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.