Job description / Role
The role is responsible for overseeing the efficient administration of tax registration and returns processes, ensuring alignment with company's strategic goals.
Top Tier Government Entity in Dubai
* Manage the Tax Registration and Returns Department activities.
* Collaborate with the Tax Affairs Executive Director to create and track the overall budget; propose ways to reduce costs
* Develop and execute Tax Registration and Returns plan, ensuring its alignment with Company's strategic objectives.
* Oversee the collection of tax and penalties from taxable individuals and resolve any over payments, underpayments, or repayments.
* Stay up to date on pending laws, industry changes, trends, and best practices, analysing their potential impact on tax collection and administration operations.
* Provide direction to employees on Tax Registration and Returns-related policies, procedures, and topics.
* Join a dynamic and forward-thinking organisation that is committed to achieving excellence.
* Competitive salary and benefits package.
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Accounting or Economics or other relevant degrees.
* CFA, CPA, ACCA, CTA, ATT or CTP certification is preferred.
* 12+ years of experience in tax administration and collection functions
* Comprehensive expertise in tax administration and collection functions within a government organisation
* Proven abilities in directing and managing teams to achieve organisational goals.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.