Job description / Role
START-UP AND E-COMMERCE EXPERIENCE IS MANDATORY!
The Director of Technology must be experienced and very comfortable developing, testing and deploying software applications using our tech stack: MongoDb, NODEJS, Angular, Express.Js
The client is a technology start-up, creating a B2B digital marketplace that is set to revolutionise the Fresh Food industry. Their goal is to create an open, transparent, and free marketplace - an online ‘one-stop-shop’ of all “fresh” products for both local and international buyers and sellers.
The company operates as a family, passionate about improving industry wide issues through technology following key values of: efficiency, sustainability, choice, value, traceability, and transparency.
Job Role and Team
The Director of Technology is a management position role which primarily involves the creation of strategic direction for the technology team, based on overall business direction. A Director of Technology is then responsible for the execution on an operational level of strategy. As such, this role requires an outstanding ability to communicate with senior and junior positions within the company.
A Director of Technology should display technical leadership and provide the right direction, tools, and training for the technology team. It is part of the remit of this role to maintain a knowledge and understanding of current technological trends and being able to implement the learnings to further the technological capabilities of the company.
Whilst the Director of Technology would be expected to work very closely with the Product Team, it is critical that an understanding of the entire business is had.
The Director of Technology would be working with the Chief Operating Officer with whom final direction is agreed.
- Developing the company's strategic technological direction based on business requirements and market learnings.
- Being an ambassador of the company and its core values to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensuring that the strategic direction is executed on at an operational level.
- Ensuring that quality intellectual property, whether legally classified as such or not, is generated in such a manner as to maximise its value.
- Ensuring efficiency in employment of technological resources.
- Implementing a security policy that prevents corruption of the company’s technological resources.
- Evaluating and implementing new systems and infrastructure to further the goals of the company
- Hiring personnel for the technology team that would allow the company better execute on its strategic goals.
- Creation and execution of KPI metrics for the technology team.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or work experience.
- Proficiency in front-end and back-end languages and web technologies.
- Well experienced and familiar with developing cross-platform applications for web and mobile.
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Experience developing e-commerce applications, workflows and data structures.
- Capable of planning and executing development sprints and release cycles.
- Experience in working with or developing ERP systems and modules.
- Experience in managing agile teams, estimating work effort and setting out sprint scopes for a team of developers.
- Knowledge in technology and development trends and building scalable software applications.
- Experience in testing processes and deploying fully functional applications.
- Experience working with product managers.
- Possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- Strong knowledge of shipping impactful and complex software projects.
- Ability to set technical and cultural standards for engineers.
- Fluency with software engineering tools.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions; deal with loosely defined problems and fast changing requirements and think abstractly.
- Experience in multi-tiered distributed systems, web services, APIs, and relational and NoSQL databases.
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Have an eye for the future and always consider scalability of the code and the features to be implemented.
About the Company
BAC Middle East - the longest established professional recruitment consultancy in the UAE. Established in 1979, we have been at the forefront of the region's recruitment industry for 30 years and were the first firm of our type in the world to achieve ISO9001 certification: a reflection of our constant emphasis on quality and customer satisfaction.
With our well-developed infrastructure and staff strength, we are able to assist you with recruitment needs ranging from junior professionals through to middle and senior management, whatever your industry sector.
BAC's proven regional experience and resources can help ensure that you recruit the best available candidates and enjoy the many advantages of a managed recruitment process.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT Manager (Head of IT)
CTO/Director of Technology with Start-up Experience
BAC Middle East
Quest Search & Selection
|Abu Dhabi||28 Aug|
|Abu Dhabi||10 Sep|
Project Manager - IT Infrastructure
Manpower Middle East