Job description / Role
As a director of technology, your set of responsibilities may include overseeing the infrastructure of technical operations, managing a team of highly skilled engineers, data scientists, Cloud Architects etc, tracking technology in order to achieve business goals, eliminating security risks, increasing user satisfaction, and maintaining operations and systems.
• Developing and overseeing SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, time-based) metrics for hardware, software, and storage
• Ensuring strategic capacity planning
• Managing all or part of the technology department, including:
• Directly supervising engineering resources
• Support management in hiring
• Performance management of direct reportees
• Communicating with the technology team and other departments as collaboration requires
• Determining business requirements for engineering and product teams
• Identifying and eliminating security vulnerabilities with strategic solutions that increase data security
• Directing and supporting the implementation of new software and hardware
• Identifying and recommending new technology solutions & partners
• Coordinating engineering activities to ensure data availability and network services with as little downtime as necessary
• Support management in budgeting and forecasting
• Implementing executive policies
• Reporting back to the C-suite level
• Technical knowledge, so you can understand without being too lost in technical details
• Communication, both written and verbal, as you’ll need to communicate with technically-minded employees and non-technical colleagues
• Leadership and management skills
• Analytical mindset to develop and utilize reliable metrics
• Understanding of other, non-technical parts of the business
• Cooperation and collaboration
• Financial skills including budgeting, forecasting, and justifying
• B.S. in programming, computer science, computer engineering, or a related field
• Several years’ experience managing employees within an IT environment
• Several years’ experience working with systems that are relevant Healthcare –, EMR/EHR systems in healthcare technology, Genomics, DNA Sequencing, Omics etc
• Background in Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare is the ideal candidate.
Additional education can be helpful, too.
About the Company
Parisima specialises in building high performing workforces that improve business performance. Our experience has demonstrated that the most effective organisations view their employees as their most important asset and view Talent Management as a holistic end-to-end complementary process.
Whether it’s a partial or fully outsourced recruitment solution or a focus on a particular area of your talent acquisition cycle, our solutions are tailored to address your specific challenges. We are experts in optimising talent acquisition and resourcing functions to build high performing organisations with high performing individuals.
Through key strategic partnerships, Parisima is the only organisation in the Middle East that specialises in addressing the full employee lifecycle. This includes Hiring (talent acquisition, applicant-tracking systems, assessments for recruitment and development) and Retention (employee engagement surveys, employee recognition and reward programs and executive leadership programs).