Job description / Role
Emirates Palace is centrally located in the heart of Abu Dhabi, close to major visitor attractions and the main business areas of the city. Just 40 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport and 90 minutes from Dubai Airport, Emirates Palace is conveniently situated for both leisure and business travellers. Popular tourist sites close to the Emirates Palace include the Grand Mosque and the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre, both located 20 minutes away. The Marina Mall and major shopping attractions are also within walking distance of the hotel
Director of Training
Kempinski Training aims to provide strategic focus by developing and implementing great trainers and great training tools. The overall scope of a Hotel Director of Training is to ensure that all employees receive the training necessary to conduct their job according to Kempinski's standards and brand promise.
- Each employee receives 2-4 hours of training per month.
- Leading Quality Assurance meets or exceeds the benchmark of 85%.
- Customer Satisfaction Survey results convey that at least 80% of guests are experiencing the Kempinski brand.
- Analyse training needs and training effectiveness.
- Plan, design and deliver training programmes.
- Devise a training marketing strategy.
- Coach and train managers and Departmental Trainers to improve departmental performance.
- Organise and supervise Kempinski DNA activities.
- Promote and implement Kempinski Corporate Training policies and procedures.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the employee handbook and to the hotel's policies on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
- Annual Trainers' Academy is attended.
- Every department has Departmental Trainer(s) and a full set of departmental policies and procedures.
- To ensure training calendar and the business plan reflect Kempinski training guidelines and the internal training needs analysis
Reporting & Communication
- Establish a training network.
- Establish and foster relationships and partnerships with external suppliers, training providers, legal and safety entities.
Financial & Budgeting
- Plan and implement an annual budget and manning guide following up closely on training costs.
People management & Leadership
- Continuously seek and support new approaches, practices and processes to improve the efficiency of training services offered.
- Lead by example and promote Kempinski's core values.
- They personally conduct TTTTs with their team on a regular basis and take personal interest for their talents' development plans.
- They recruit and select potential talent according to the company's current and future department, hotel and worldwide needs including conducting interviews for positions in their department.
- Employee relationship and recognition programme(s) are in place.
Training & Development
- Train and develop Training team members.
- Identify potential training talent and propose Master Trainer candidates.
- They actively support and implement Talent Development initiatives as a part of their daily activities.
- They identify Training talents in their department and throughout the hotel and actively support their career development.
- They support and initiate transfer, cross exposure and task force assignments for their team.
- Employee satisfaction with training is at least 80%.
- Quality (definition, execution, measurement and optimization)
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Effective Communication
- People Development
- Values & Integrity
- Impact & Influence
- Change Management
- Fosters Teamwork and Collaboration
- Effectiveness under Pressure and Ambiguity
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Significant experience working with online learning tools.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.