Job description / Role
A very large local real estate business is looking to add to a Director - Risk, Insurance and Business Continuity Management to their very impressive team based in Dubai.
The role holder is responsible for leading and executing the enterprise risk management (ERM) and business continuity management (BCM) frameworks and managing the company's insurance program to ensure that the organization's insurance risk management policies and strategies are in alignment with the strategic goals of the organization and internal operational requirements. The role holder is also responsible for acting as the risk advisor to senior management on performance of risk assessments, monitoring and mitigation strategies to contribute to the success of the company by promoting a risk-aware environment and a risk-intelligent decision-making culture.
* Create and implement an enterprise risk management (ERM) framework for identifying, assessing, evaluating, monitoring, and reporting on risk which will enable the company to meet its strategic and financial business plan objectives.
* Develop and implement an insurance procurement and placement strategy, with associated procedural documentation, that is aligned with the Group program, and also ensures the company specific risks are mitigated. Ensure that that all policies are placed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
* Ensure appropriate insurance cover exists across the company by liaising with the designated broker to ensure, where relevant, policies are in place for all the company's activities and associated risks.
* Manage the company's annual insurance budgeting and insurance policy renewal process, including invoicing and premium payments. Act as the focal point for liaison with the insurance broker
Risk Management Framework, Assessment & BCM
* Drive the design and development of a comprehensive risk management and business continuity strategy and framework that mitigates market, counter-party and operational risks across all functions.
* Develop enterprise risk management policies, procedures, processes and templates for risk identification, assessment, and evaluation to ensure a standardized response to risk issues, which are in line with the documented risk appetite and tolerance statements.
* Ensure the risk framework aligns with the company and provide strategic planning, governance, and day-to-day coordination necessary to facilitate the risk identification, assessment, risk ownership, mitigation, and monitoring of the company's enterprise risks which includes strategic, operational, financial and compliance risks.
* Oversee the development of a project risk management framework for use within all the company development projects. This is to be developed jointly by risk management and development & planning and to be incorporated into the wider ERM methodology and integrated with existing management reporting.
* Work with senior leadership across the company in a highly engaging and effective manner to conduct a comprehensive risk assessment as well as unit-specific risk assessments, and other risk exercises designed to identify enterprise risk and opportunity and to build out effective systems of control where values are preserved, optimized, and protected and risk exposure is minimized and mitigated.
Business Continuity Management and Reporting
* Lead the development and implementation of company's business continuity plan and recovery mechanisms to recover critical business functions and procedures in cases of cyber threats, emergencies, crisis, etc. to guarantee ongoing preparedness and readiness.
* Ensure periodic updates and maintain the BCM Business Impact Analyses and the wider business continuity management framework, including threat risk assessments and Business continuity Plans.
Knowledge & Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Finance/ Accounting, Risk Management, or related field preferred.
* MBA in Business Management preferred.
* Finance or accounting professional qualification preferred e.g., ACA from recognized certification body e.g., ICAEW.
* Professional risk management qualification from recognized certification body preferred e.g., Institute of Risk Management (IRM).
* Minimum 10-12 years professional risk management experience within a corporate environment with at least eight in a managerial role.
* Proven track record of development and implementation of corporate risk management frameworks.
* Expert level in assessment and mitigation of market, strategic, financial, operational and governance risk.
Salary and Benefits
50,000 AED per month. Private medical insurance, Economy flights, Family status, Schooling (30k per child)
Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Pay and salary ranges are dependent upon experience, qualifications and training.
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.
Chief Compliance Officer and MLRO for Asset Management Firm
ADIV Human Resources Consultancy
|Abu Dhabi||13 May|
Performance Improvement Manager
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Head of Finance IMEA