Job description / Role
Join the team of the first LEGOLAND Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGO values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests. With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine. Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND we make every child a HERO!
Play Your Part
The Director - Sales & Marketing will Plan, direct and coordinate the marketing and sales efforts for LEGOLAND Dubai Resort (Theme Park, Water Park and Hotel) to meet or exceed attendance, revenue, occupancy, profitability and other core objectives.
- Designs and executes marketing plan with strategic intent to meet projected attendance, revenue and EBITDA goals.
- Continually evaluates PR, marketing and sales strategies and plans to compete successfully with other local and regional attractions and theme parks.
- Directs and manages direct marketing, e-marketing, market research, public and community relations, advertising, promotions and sponsorships, sales staff and functions.
- Analyzes pricing and supports per cap and ADR (LEGOLAND Hotel) goals.
- Analyzes attendance and booking trends and research to generate new and innovative marketing programs and advise on marketability of new attractions for LEGOLAND Dubai.
- Secures a well functioning local and global integration between both Merlin and LEGO companies. Must assure that all Marketing and Sales efforts happen in accordance with our licensing agreement.
- Develops and maintains effective strategic partnerships and working relationships with the LEGO Group, key staff from Merlin Entertainments and other LEGOLAND parks, the tour and travel industry, hospitality, corporate, community groups, and external resources and vendors.
- Advises on marketability of new events and attractions through research with guests.
- Oversees and coordinates market research and analysis efforts from primary and secondary sources to define and target the market in conjunction with LEGOLAND Parks. Maintains an awareness of competitor programs and practices and LEGOLAND Dubai Resorts' competitive position in the market.
- Develops strong PR concepts and oversees their execution. Maintains good relationships with media.
- Responsible for LEGOLAND Hotel sales and domestic sales channels for theme park and water park
- Generates new marketing ideas, initiatives and programs for attendance and EBITDA growth. This involves promotions, events, new attractions, advertising, and sales initiatives.
- Formulates, develops, refines, finalizes, and implements an annual sales and marketing operating plan. Develops long term marketing strategies based on projections and objectives. Sets goals and objectives, develops operating and staffing budgets, and determines timelines to meet volume, revenue and profitability targets.
- Develops and supports LEGOLAND Dubai Resort's strategic and operating plans as a member of the executive leadership team. Participates in planning, policy and direction setting, problem solving and decision making with other members of the leadership team.
- Develops and maintains strategic partnerships and linkages with key players in the tour and travel industry, local and regional theme parks, hotels and resorts, and other community and business organizations to support LEGOLAND Dubai Resort.
- Assesses the need for external resources, defines requirements, reviews and selects service providers and ad production agencies, and contracts for outside services to support marketing and sales program objectives.
- Maintains effective business relationships and manages the utilization of external resources to maximize effectiveness and manage costs. Monitors pull and effectiveness of LEGOLAND Dubai media.
- Operates within proscribed budgetary and procedural guidelines to execute strategy, plans and programs through effective leadership, utilization of internal and external resources, and project and people management.
- Provides information on attendance patterns and performance of sales and promotional initiatives, able to provide data to inform and shape decision making.
- Promotes and demonstrates LEGOLAND's culture and core values through words and actions. Exhibits the ability to work effectively as a team member to contribute to the strategic and cultural direction of the organization.
- Determines the organizational structure, budgeting and staffing requirements for the marketing division.
- Provides program oversight, leadership and direction to MCs in the functional areas of direct marketing, market research, communications, including public and community relations, advertising, promotions and sponsorships, and sales.
- Works closely with the Dubai Parks and Resorts central sales & marketing team and the Marketing teams at Motiongate Dubai and Bollywood Parks Dubai.
- Responsible for hiring, training, development, performance management, team building and other culture and people management activities.
Health & Safety
Managers are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within their department, in line with the Group Policy (HS001). In particular, they must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees under their management are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it. They must ensure that safe working practices are monitored, and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, business or similar field
- Minimum of eight years' related experience with progressive management experience, ideally in FMCG and or Marketing Commercial sector Working experience in UAE or GCC is preferred
- Superior Written and Verbal Communication Skills, Math Skills, Product Knowledge, Creativity, Demonstrated Experience, Courteous, Basic Computer Literacy, Microsoft Office, Database Skills, Business, Accounting, Marketing, Finance, Target Market Analysis, Presentation Skills, Persistent, Flexible & Agile.
- Fluent in English. Arabic or other languages are a plus.
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Head of Marketing and Business Development
Director - Operations & Commercial
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Business Development Head/General Manager
Emirates Refreshments Company
Head of General Business Sales
SAP Middle East & North Africa
RTC-1 Employment Services