Job description / Role
This is a senior management role with accountability to define the IT technology vision, projects and related execution scope for the business revenue and service management domain. The responsibility as the technology subject matter expert to support business units with solutions to support customer growth and retention strategies, optimise technology & operational efficiencies and ensure OSS IT enablers are in place to support the adoption of new infrastructure technologies [network and datacentre solutions]. Identifying and governing the architectural roadmap for Billing, Charing and Service Management is of high importance and the candidate is expected to have relevant cutting edge technology knowledge and experience of designing and delivering such solutions.
This role is 50-50 technical and non-technical and will require the candidate to engage, influence and negotiate with Operational, Network, Customer Experience, Consumer and Enterprise business units to ensure the solution architecture and technology adoption is fully aligned with their respective business unit strategy. The candidate will be expected to proactively and independently manage a team whilst also nurturing a working relationship with necessary business and technical streams to realise the technology vision. The candidate is ultimately responsible for the to-be architecture and associated transformational initiatives. With a focus on introducing innovative solutions and service capabilities you will drive architecture principles, standards & patterns to deliver agile and cost effective solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computing/engineering/science/ IT related.
- 10-15 Years of IT-Telco/ICT experience. Will have hands-on developer experience transitioned into architecture domain:
• 3-5 years Fixed/Mobile market
• 3-5 years’ experience in BSS applications (such as Billing, charging, rating, Roaming, Inter-connection, Product Configuration Process, CPC)
• Mandatory to have technical design or solution architecture experience
• Mandatory to have development background in relevant domain
- At least 5 years of experience using COTS and/or open source technologies for revenue and service management
- Applicant must be from a telco background with relevant IT experience
- Revenue Management experience in following product/domains:
• BSCS, CS-18 Charging System, Oracle IN, Streamserve, PowerBilling, ICS [Dunning], mediation
• Vendor solution experience across Ericsson, Oracle, Opentext, Globys, CSG, HPE
- Service Management experience in following product/domains:
• Service orchestration experience or knowledge of vendor products: Netcracker, HPE, Ciena, Cisco, Nokia/Comptel
• Inventory: netcracker, Ericsson,
• Service Order management and fulfillment
- OSS integration knowledge/experience with Network technologies:
• 4G, 5G, NFV, SDN, Fixed network solution, IMS, VAS solutions, EPC
- OSS Experience:
• Fixed and mobile fulfillment and activation, inventory management, GIS, service assurance
- Knowledgeable in cloud native architectures, web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints.
- Experience in APIs (RESTful/OData/JSON) and API design.
- Desirable experience:
• Hands on development experience, such as Java, NodeJS, C, Python is desirable
• Experience with agile delivery, DevOps and micro-services (e.g NodeJS, Spring Boot etc), exposure to frameworks and libraries such as Spring Cloud etc.
• Cloud solution AWS
• IT application adoption to cloud architectures
• Experience in executing program using Agile methodology. Knowledge of CI/CD
- Good understanding of Telecommunications technology life cycle, large scale technology implementation and transformation projects/areas
- Working Knowledge of TMF reference architectures
- TOGAF certification is desirable but more important to demonstrate actual architecture experience
- Disruptive/emerging technology experience is desirable in any of the following and will be seen as advantageous:
• Artificial intelligence, IoT, Autonomous vehicles, 5G, Cloud, BIG data
About the Company
du is the new telecommunication services provider in the UAE. We are an integrated service provider offering voice, data, video and content services over fixed and mobile networks to residential and business customers.
du has three broad target segments:
Consumers: Focusing on individuals and households by offering mobile and fixed voice calling, Internet, data services and television. Businesses: Focusing on small to very large corporations and government agencies by offering integrated fixed and mobile business solutions including voice, data, content and applications as well as professional services.
Carriers: Focusing on providing carrier, international data networks and wholesale services to international operators, multinational corporations and telecom carriers.
The needs of our customers are our primary focus. Our aim is to provide new and innovative services that deliver a better customer experience.