Job description / Role
Director – Technology Consulting, Smart Cities
Whole industries have been disrupted and transformed in recent years by digital technology. As a technology consulting professional, you’ll help businesses realize the value they can gain from their technology investments — supporting strategy and being a key growth driver. As part of a high-performing team, you’ll deliver exceptional client service — providing advice on how digital transformation contribute to performance improvement, as well as how technology can act as a multiplying effect during major Smart Transformation Programs and Smart Cities.
As organizations look to leverage the advantage technology offers, we’ll work with you to develop the consultancy and analytical skills that you’ll need in today’s environment. Working on projects that cross borders and sectors, the experiences you gain here will be more valuable than anywhere else. So, whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
We’re looking for a Director for our Technology Consulting service line to join our team with experience in one or more of the following:
• Expert skills in digital transformation & strategy, Smart Cities, Citizen Engagement Programs, process re-engineering, service definition and business service decomposition
• Experiences we are looking for in the candidate include: IoT platforms, geospatial analytics, smart city data platforms, smart city applications, and smart city operations including design of command and control centers.
• Delivering complex digital projects with large teams, leveraging design centric and agile methodologies.
• Developing key C-level client relationships to effectively drive negotiations and commercial outcomes.
• Building the Digital Ecosystem in the Region by managing Strategic Partnership Opportunities.
• Ability to quickly understand and synthesize the business goals, objectives and help various stakeholders in visualizing the future-state
• Ability to use business architecture patterns to convey core strategy and architecture concepts
Your key responsibilities
• Effectively carve out and deliver digital transformation and smart city projects across the region, develop analysis, run and engage client teams and stakeholders, and deliver high-quality work products.
• Possess strong project delivery capabilities and familiar with project management and/or Agile methodology.
• Effectively manage both onshore and offshore resources.
• Cultivate and manage business development opportunities.
• Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients. Develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks.
• Develop relationships with team members across all EY practices to serve client needs.
• Demonstrate in-depth technical/functional capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to assimilate new knowledge.
• Possess good business acumen. Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities.
• Establish relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently deliver quality client services. Monitor progress manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
• Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business.
• Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members.
• Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment.
• Play an active role in counseling and mentoring junior consultants within the organization.
Skills and Attributes for success
• Strong business development, project delivery and project management skills
• Familiar with all phases of digital transformation and smart city projects
To qualify for the role, you must have:
• At least 10-12 years of overall relevant work experience.
• A bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, technology, finance or a related field.
• A minimum of 6-8 years of experience in consultancy, professional services or project management, with expert skills in digital transformation project delivery, Smart Cities, Citizen Engagement Programs
• Led the delivery of multiple Digital Transformation complex programs for Government Services in the MENA region with a focus on improving the user experience of Middle East citizens.
• Demonstrated ability to build trust and manage high level, executive relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise teams through all phases of the project lifecycle.
• Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, presentation, client service and business writing and consulting skills, coupled with a strong interest in further designing, developing and integrating business operations and technology
Ideally, you’ll also have
• A dedication to teamwork and integrity within a professional environment
What we look for
• Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry.
• An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to be an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Additionally, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region