Job description / Role
At DarkMatter, we are building an organisation of specialists to provide the ultimate integrated cyber security protection available. Whatever the scope, scale or sensitivity of our clients' work, we'll assess their risks, resolve their vulnerabilities and always keep them ahead of the threat, offering them the best possible products and solutions.
In this role, you will:
- Sets team-based standards for programming tools and techniques, including security guidelines, and the selection of appropriate development methods
- Advises and promotes on application of standards and methods and ensures compliance
- Takes technical responsibility for all stages and/or iterations in a software development project, providing method specific technical advice and guidance to project stakeholders
- Lead design and architecture discussions with clients
- Collaborate with Product Management, QA, Dev Ops and other teams to design, build, test, and roll out
- Assigns work packages, monitors performance and manages change control dynamically, to optimise productivity
- Provides advice, guidance and assistance to less experienced colleagues as required
- Facilitates availability and optimum utilisation of resources, especially in Agile projects
- Monitors and reports on the progress of development projects, ensuring that projects are carried out in accordance with agreed standards, methods and procedures (including secure software development)
- Research new and emerging technologies that may enable improvements in the product development
To bring your dream to life, you'll need:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering/Science, Information Systems or Information Security IT or related field.
- Experience managing and supporting Applications in the areas of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Multifactor Authentication (MFA), and Identity Management solutions.
- Knowledge of PKI technologies and solutions: Certification Authorities, Two-Factor Authentication, MFA, LDAP Directories, OCSP, ICAM and the standards relating to them.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented software engineering best practices
- Strong knowledge and experience in high-performance, multi-tier web applications including web servers, application servers, databases and infrastructure
- Proficiency in XML, HTTP, SOAP, REST, JSON and related web service standards
- In-depth knowledge of using and programming against relational databases (MySQL, Maria DB, MS SQL and etc.)
- Experience with development and configuration tools (Git, Jira, Jenkins, Maven, etc.) and Continuous Integration practices
The impossible is just the beginning at DarkMatter. An agile startup with a global mindset, we're innovating for our clients and securing them from tomorrow's threats today. We work across teams, geographies and industries to provide holistic, secure, trusted and integrated protection services in areas such as:
- Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Cyber Network Defense
- Managed Security Services
- Secure Communications
- Infrastructure & System Integration
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Test & Validation Labs
We created KATIM, the world's most secure smart phone and communications suite, and we're looking ahead to what comes next. Our rapidly developing digital reality demands we look at and implement cyber security in a different way than we have in the past, and we are at the forefront of this "sea" change.
Our people define us. They are talented adventurers who are shaping the tech landscape from Abu Dhabi with their considerable expertise and experience. For them, DarkMatter is a place where they can make their cyber security dreams come true. We embrace and foster the entrepreneurial spirit that propels our people and our company forward. Our industry is ever evolving, and so are we.
Working in Abu Dhabi
Just off the Arab Gulf and right at the edge of your imagination, is a place where geniuses make their cyber security dreams come true.
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working at DarkMatter. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
VP Compute Platform - Banking
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Enterprise Performance Improvement - Senior Vice President - Global Management Consultancy
NSI & Bluefin Talent