Job description / Role
The Dispatcher is responsible for allocating equipment resources and organizing the movement of vehicles and ensures the management and operation of Road Transport (In compliance with the Regulations).
Liaising on day to day basis with Contracting and Workshop departments to understand their needs and requirements for upcoming day, week, month, etc.
Shall demonstrate visible felt leadership, always Leading by example to influence appropriate behaviour, encouraging and coaching direct reports in developing a positive business and safety culture within work groups.
Reporting to Operations Manager, Industries - UAE.
The role will mainly include
• day to day decision making required in relation to the Fleet management i.e. logistics and mobility of equipment in line with SHEQA requirements and will responsible for the allocation of staff resources necessary for the sites. i.e. Low Bed / Spray Tanker Drivers
• operational responsibilities to increase the efficiency of the operation by fluidifying the daily organization of the sites, propose solutions to the operators (e.g., propose to adapt the work schedule according to the availability of internal equipment).
• participate in preparing annual material budgets with the Workshop Manager and the Operations Manager to determine equipment utility rates and will be responsible for cost allocation of CEF to Business Units & Projects
• determining the best delivery methods and negotiating rates directly with Procurement/ vendors/ customers and getting the necessary documents and permits that driver will need when shipping equipment, materials and other products to Contracting operational sites
• Manage Fleet registrations and insurances are maintained and renewed as required
• KPIs – Mobilisation costs, Utilisation, Fuel Consumption, drivers overtime, TUM as set by Management
Job-related person specifications
• Technical Knowledge about equipment used in road construction
• 2-5 years’ experience in Transport / Logistics arrangements
Educational or equivalent requirements
• High-school Diploma, preferably a Degree Holder
• Job-related knowledge and experience
• Knowledge of the Customer Service
• Knowledge of employees' medical skills and restrictions
• Knowledge of the vocabulary and terms used on the construction site.
• Knowledge of driving & Department of Transportation rules and regulations
• Logistics/Transport experience
• Work experience in Road Contracting companies
• Asphalt & Quarry Industry knowledge
• Computer Literacy
• Well spoken & good understanding of English Language
• Mastery of planning skills techniques.
• Interpersonal Skills, the dispatcher must develop working relationships with employees and create an internal network within the business
• Diplomacy and persuasion
• Planning and organisation
• Ability to develop and manage relationships
• Strong communication skills with a team of people
• Good customer focus
• Analytical thinking
Language Abilities (Spoken/ Reading / Written)
• Good communication skills in English, Speak – Read - Write
Computer Skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Email Communication, Analytics, Data Visualisation etc)
• Advanced PC skills in the use of MS Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint
• General rules for the carriage of goods, in particular those governing the relationship between the client and the carrier.
• Rules governing the activity of heavy truck drivers: Driving time, work, rest, mandatory training.
• Traffic rules for heavy vehicles, including exceptional convoys.
• Where applicable, rules for the transport of substances classified as dangerous
• Relevant Qualifications
• Legal requirements
• Adherence to all governing authority’s requirement standards / licenses
• Compliance – Anti Bribery Commitment requirements
• CME Compliance Standards
• SHEQA requirements
• CME SHEQA Standards
• Personal circumstances
• Reactivity and availability
• Problem Solving Skills
• Continuous improvement
• Ability to make and defend decisions
• Ability to solicit his line manager
About the Company
Colas Middle East is one of the largest and leading suppliers of aggregates and asphalt to the Middle East construction industry, in addition to asphalt laying and contracting services. As a specialized Asphalt contractor, we offer a unique combination of the most advanced technical expertise, local knowledge and financial stability.
Colas Middle East with eminent partners in the UAE, Oman and Qatar, has been in the region for the last 40 years. We produce on an average 8 million tonnes of Gabbro Aggregates and 1.6 million tonnes of Asphalt per annum.
Colas Middle East is operated and partially owned by Colas Group which is a French multinational civil engineering firm specialized in road construction. Colas Group operates in every aspect of construction and maintenance of road and other types of transport infrastructure as well as on projects involving urban development and recreational facilities.
Backed by a workforce of 60,000 people, Colas undertakes about 80,000 projects every year via a network of 800 construction units and 2000 material production sites in around fifty countries worldwide in five continents.
Emad Trade House
A Leading Packaging Services Company In The UAE
Store Keeper / Logistics Coordinator
A Leading Manufacturer In The Middle East
A Leading Trading Company In UAE