Job description / Role
DarkMatter is looking for a Distinguished Systems Software Engineer based in the UAE to lead Advance Research software development in Edge Computing Secure Communications domain to drive end-to-end security architecture. This includes clients that could be smart IoT devices or mobile devices to cloud at the other end of the network. Our mission is to protect the future by securing its technology. Do you want to be a part of it?
As a Principal Engineer you will work collaborate with the key partners to ensure that our research goals and schedules are well aligned:
- You will have shown prior experience in leading hardware and/or software strategy and development projects and a deep understanding of cybersecurity, wireless, IOT, machine learning and compute technologies.
- You will demonstrate flexibility and be able to respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to challenges while developing proofs of concept that can be quickly productized.
- You will be responsible for the software development for creative proof of concepts of new solutions.
- You will communicate project status, deployment milestones/timelines, schedules, risks, expectations, timelines/milestones, team velocity and other key project metrics to multiple audiences (executive management, project team, clients, key partners) while actively identify and mitigate risks and remove impediments.
- You will interact with engineering teams, operations, IT, legal, marketing, finance, procurement and other resources inside and outside DarkMatter.
To bring your dream to live you will need:
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, electrical engineering, related field and at least 10 years' experience in Software Development (Systems and Mobile Level)
- To have led some groundbreaking work in systems development, proof of concept development and, transfer of technology to product teams
- Able to intuitively understand use cases and customer requirements for secure communications and build solutions by cooperating with multi-functional teams.
- An excellent communicator of vision to internal and external audiences through presentations and technical papers
- Able to appropriately prioritize and drive issues to closure/resolution keeping the big picture in sight at all times
- A focused organizer and ready to work with highly skilled engineering teams in order to identify and resolve potential risks to the schedule and quality of the product.
- At ease leading and working with distributed teams, ODMs, contractors across multiple geographies and time zones
- Excellent multi-functional social skills (verbal/written), teamwork, and interpersonal skills are essential
- Strong leadership skills, ability to influence and a prevailing positive approach. Able to build positive relationships to deliver the best outcomes
- Tried and tested ability to learn and use technical knowledge to effectively guide strategy, development, and teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.