Job description / Role
The Document Controller position will support in various functions related to document control, document archiving, document imaging and maintenance of document register for Energy Projects and/or Detail Engineering Projects. Role holder would be under minimum supervision of their superior or project team. This role will help the projects, clients and company as a whole maintain organized, accurate and quality documents and information and be a core component of the team(s).
• Receives and registers Client provided document for detail engineering or construction engineering project, including in-house generated documents.
• Controls issuance of document numbers, including maintenance of proper document registers for detail engineering or construction engineering project.
• Maintains specifically assigned project database/s and folder structures.
• Ensures proper document classification, sorting, filing and proper archiving.
• Reviews completeness of documentation and prepares document transmittals.
• Prepares and maintains project documentation for engineering projects, either for in-house use or for onward transmittal to Client during project closeout.
• Defines and maintains company and project document control, naming and organization producers.
• Performs document quality check in accordance to Company engineering document control procedures.
• Performs file backup to ensure proper storage and archiving of electronic registers.
• Prepares engineering project reports, as may be required.
• Full control on document management system for incoming and outgoing of any documents and drawings.
• Maintain and update status of document and drawings, transmittals, Method Statements for accurate report posted in server from time to time.
• Posting, receiving, counter checking, distribution of all documents, drawings, queries, etc.
• Manage and maintain project log reports for PM of summarized details and status.
• Receiving incoming documents, drawings, correspondences, document transmittal, and electronic files.
• Distribution of all incoming mails (hardcopy) and e-mails to all package concerns.
• Daily timesheets consolidation
• Assist Technical Manager for the preparation of reports, minutes, and correspondences needed for submissions.
• Management of project documentation via document controls systems such as Aconex
• 3+ years’ experience in an MEP consulting or contracting company
• Completion of at least two (2) years college education, preferably Engineering or Business Administration or equivalent with relevant years of experience.
• Completion of formal training in computer or equivalent years of experience in Document Control System.
• The ideal candidate will have experience in the implementation of ISO standards and conducting ISO audits.
Talent & Skills
• Expert skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
• A well rounded individual
• A highly self-motivated, ambitious individual
• A person with a high sense of urgency and a pro-active approach to problem solving
• Professional presence
• High energy and action oriented
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of building systems, energy technologies, green building and high performance design
• Understanding of marketing strategy and market analysis techniques is a strong plus
• Team-oriented, hands-on, highly skilled, adaptive, and client-focused
• Knowledge of construction, subcontracting and MEP
About the Company
taka solutions deploys the latest technologies and engineering to deliver comprehensive energy solutions that improves energy and water efficiency, reduce carbon impact and saves money. We do all of this using an innovative paid-from-savings model.
Energy performance contracts allow upgrades to be fully paid for by the savings created by the enhancements. In doing this we reduce the energy expenses of the building, enhance the quality of the air, environment and improve the overall value of the asset with no capital expense for the customer.
|Al Ghurair Center||25 Jan|
|Ras Al Khaimah||13 Dec|
|Abu Dhabi||17 Dec|
Document Controller (Aconex)