Job description / Role
We are looking for an experienced Document Controller who will be responsible for carrying out financial & commercial documents management in line with contractual duties, project’s protocols and document requirements. This role will communicate and coordinate internally with Sales department, Logistics, Finance Department as well as externally with customers and suppliers.
• Ability to handle L/Cs, CAD & non-LC Export documentation.
• Review L/C at the drafting/opening stage to assist Importer to open L/C and advise necessary changes (i.e. amendments) ensuring compliance with all requirements listed under any given L/C.
• Ensure workable L/C is received before shipment and generate required documentation.
• Skillful in negotiating error free shipping documents with banks & discrepancy solving skills.
• Engage with Commercial, Finance and Banks in maintaining policy / approach towards bank securities sought from customers (e.g. L/Cs v BPOs v Bank Guarantees, Standby v Documentary L/Cs).
• Ensure bank securities (predominantly export L/Cs) are requested, received, formats and wording acceptable, and processed timely, such that transactions with customers are not delayed.
• Ensure appropriate competitive L/C pricing from the confirming banks and that this process does not delay on-going sales, and that actual fees are reconciled to agreed pricing.
• Control the documents and data control activities / movements.
• Maintain up to date Database Register showing document details and revision status.
• Establish a Distribution Matrix for allocating controlled copies of documents as necessary to Company staff or Organizations (Client, Suppliers, and Logistics etc.)
• Logging of all Correspondence, Drawings, Procedures, Standards, Specifications, Purchase Orders, Data Sheets, Manuals, etc. and generate internal transmittal for internal circulation of the same.
• Ensure that pre-established document control requirements are satisfactorily met throughout the project duration.
• Receive, track, and monitor documents using standard document management programs to register documents, maintain databases, and produce logs, transmittals, and other reports as required.
• Maintain an established data distribution system and schedule for the assigned project based upon client, project, department, and supplier requirements.
• Maintaining a clear overview of the status of outgoing and incoming project documents.
• Manage manual and computer system documentation records for in compliance with all quality and regulatory requirements.
• Review and proofread documents for consistency of document format and system concerns.
• Complies and maintains control records to verify completeness and accuracy of data.
• Preparing document transmittals and front sheets
• Expediting the timely document flow between company and their clients
• Responsible for the timely, accurate and efficient preparation and management of documents
• Maintaining the security of confidential documents.
• Designing templates for documents, file types, and document databases.
• Excellent English Language skills.
• Good working knowledge on Letters of Credits (Usance & At Sight, Back-to-Back L/C), Standby Letter of Credit (SBLC), Bank Guarantee (BG).
• Good knowledge of commercial principles.
• At least 2 years of Experience in import-export operations, documentation, Logistics, Shipping, Procurement, Banking, LC's and Supply Chain Management and knowledge of Incoterms.
• Relevant experience in Shipping / Oil & Gas Industry, optional experience in Maritime - vessel operations of Oil Tanker & LPG Carrier would be advantageous
• Experience in Finance and Bank Transactions.
• Computer skills in all MS Office packages.
• Good interpersonal skills. Ability to integrate well into teams & work towards achieving good team result, maintaining good contacts with suppliers and clients.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks flexibly and effectively and deliver work with short deadline.
• Cultural sensitivity to be able to work with different cultures and countries.
About the Company
A leading maritime management company in the UAE
RTC-1 Employment Services
Secretary & Document Controller
|Abu Dhabi||24 May|
RTC-1 Employment Services
A Leading Property and Real Estate in UAE
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts