Job description / Role
Oracle is leading the digital revolution. We are empowering nearly half a million businesses across the globe to turn untapped potential into real business value. You will connect the biggest enterprises of today with the tools to compete in the digital economy of tomorrow.
Our Technology Cloud Engineering teams at Oracle support our sales team and customer in the way they design and shape our solutions . T o achieve this, we have a team of highly engaging experts per domain area. Our team of Domain Experts in OCI is looking to hire a matter expert in this field to work with Clients in our EMEA Region.
- To Interact with all roles at customer - including CIO, CTO, IT Architects, technical staff and Business representative
- Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations.
- Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions
- To demonstrate the credibility of Oracle's Cloud (IaaS/PaaS) Technology Solutions at all levels, but with a particular focus on key decision makers at the customers' organization
- To position Oracle's Public Cloud Solutions at the heart of the largest IT transformations
- To work as part of Sales and/or Account Teams on specific opportunities to enhance revenue for Oracle Corporation through Cloud subscription
- Educating customers and partners in Oracle Product offering and Cloud strategy in the designated product areas
- Conduct repeatable strategy, architecture, roadmap and planning cloud workshops
- Provide assessment of current state architecture and recommendation of future state architecture
- To demonstrate the value of Oracle's Cloud Technology Solutions:
- IaaS (Baremetal, storage, virtualization concept, operating systems , SDN, HPCâ€¦)
- Security (Identity, WAFâ€¦)
- Network (Load Balancer, VCN, Security Lists, NSG , DRGâ€¦)
- Strong hands-on Linux and/or KVM experience is preferred
- Hands on skills with CI/CD & build automation tooling (Chef, Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
- To be able to deliver a first level presentation in all topics mentioned above.
- To be able to deliver POCs on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Gen2
- Works closely with other Oracle Pre-Sales Consultants and other Line Of business
- Some specific knowledge of Oracle industry solutions , Oracle database, Oracle and competitor hardware solutions
- Actively maintaining a depth product knowledge in the designated product areas
- Maintain awareness of all relevant competitive products
- Contribute technical responses for Invitations To Tender (ITT), Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposal (RFP)
- Having experience on firewall (Fortinet, Cisco, Palo Alto, etc) solutions is a plus
Skills and Profile
- We are looking for a professional with solid experience as Cloud Solution Architect, able to understand the customer issues in their journey to Cloud.
- Knowledge and background in Cloud Architecture (IaaS & PaaS) would be our target.
- And specific Oracle technology solution offerings would be appreciated. The ideal candidate must have a strong Cloud IaaS/PaaS oriented mindset.
Others key requirements are
- Wide background including architecture, implementation and delivery of large - scale hardware and software systems in real-world situations
- A strong understanding and practical experience in planning and delivering cloud migration projects from traditional on-premise deployment models
- Detailed knowledge of architectural approaches including consolidation, cloud computing, virtualization, disaster recovery, information management, big data, Java applications, Oracle and non-Oracle applications
- Knowledge of wide-area and datacenter networking design, protocols, and implementation required
- Wide knowledge of IT market and trends
- Knowledge of full Oracle stack including Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Gen2
- Knowledge of cloud competitors including AWS ,GCP and/or Azure
- Cloud Architecture Development/Cloud certification (Oracle, AWS, Azure, Google, etc)
- Architecture or other appropriate certifications like CISSP, TOGAF, Zachman, OpenCA, ITIL, Cobit, Prince is preferred
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques.
- Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication.
- Significant C-level presentation expertise
- BA/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Apply Now Create the future with us. Apply now.
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.