Job description / Role
Swissotel Al Ghurair & Swissotel Living Al Ghurair Hotel is a 620-room-and-suite upper upscale property. Catering for both business and leisure clientele. The hotel is located in Deira in the heart of Dubai and within easy reach of major tourist landmarks, leisure destinations and city services. It is linked to the Al Ghurair Shopping Centre, only 3 stops away on the Dubai Metro from the Dubai World Trade Centre and a 10 minute drive from Dubai International Airport.
From a warm welcome to a fond farewell, as a Doorperson, you will take care of the guests as soon as they step foot onto your driveway, ensuring a lasting impression for our guests' stay.
What's in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Ensure to provide prompt, courteous and efficient service to all guest, so as to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction through personalized service from arrival till departure
- Ensure guests are personally greeted by name, if known, directs / escorts guests to the reception (as per LQA standards) and assist guest in hotel activity enquiries / requests / facility inquired to make them feel expected and welcomed
- Mans the main entrance door to welcome and bid farewell to guests, while maintaining a smooth traffic flow at lobby as well as driveway
- Opens car doors for arriving and departing guests and escort them to the lobby
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of hotel information and local services, including operating hours, promotions, events, attractions and any allied information to supply information respond to guest queries
- Establishes, promotes and maintains good public relations and enhances sales for the hotel at every opportunity.
- Maintains awareness of guest profile through Opera PMS guest history
- Adheres to all company and hotel rules & regulations at all times
- Provides helpful, friendly and prompt personalized telephone service to all guests (external and internal)
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of all Front Office equipment and how to use these
- Actively elicits guest feedback and preferences, regarding hotel services and ensures action is initiated on the same to maximize guest satisfaction
- Forwards all guest complaints or problems to the guest service manager
- Reports daily activities in communication logbook and attends daily operations briefings
Your experience and skills include:
- Min. 2 years' experience in Hotel Industry (preferably from 5* Hotel)
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. Swissotel Al Ghurair & Swissotel Living Al Ghurair will cover visa costs and flights for selected candidates from place of origin.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.