Job description / Role
At Unilever you are more than your job title, you are part of the world's most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann's and Omo, alongside trusted local names and innovative-forward thinking brands like Ben & Jerry's, The Dollar Shave Club and Surf. Be part of the most successful purpose-led business in the world. Have the opportunity to see the true impact that you're having in the work you do - every small thing counts.
Main Job Purpose:
The Basic operator-Process is responsible for the operation, of equipment, supporting lead operation in Process, End of line operation and feeding/dumping materials ,chemical offloading / handling / managing tank farm materials to support the delivery of operational KPIs (Productivity, Quality, Safety, Health and Environment, Cost, Delivery, Morale, Innovation and Sustainability (PQSCDMIS)). The basic operator should have capability to work in more than one area in factory in order to provide flexibility. Supported by the core skills to work within an autonomous team.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Understand the basics principles of mechanism and chemistry and be able do Batch making, Cleaning, 5 S, basic repair and adjustments.
- Manual Dumping / offloading of materials in mixers for making batches using high technology RF scanners
- He should have basic knowledge of chemical handling, equipment operations. This allows production targets to be met safely, at the right level of quality on time.
- Cleaning / Sanitization of IBC / Buckets and offloading and loading of materials from both.
- Be able to do stock reconciliation as and when needed
- Knowledge to operate power lifter/stacker (Preferable)
- Manage and maintain all undertode sufficient levels for Auto feeds
- Prioritize losses in production area. Apply rigorous Cost Deployment and Zero loss concept to eliminate losses.
- Utilize all appropriate safety and environmental procedures relating to the Sourcing Unit and allocated equipment to ensure a safe working environment for the whole team.
- Understand the legal responsibility placed upon individuals.
- Full Working knowledge of material handling ergonomically
- Work Place Hazards - Full knowledge of the workplace and hazards within it.
- Utilise all appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products and equipment relevant to the task.
- Ensure GHK of the concerned area to eliminate risk of creation of hazards
- Environment - Reduce environmental impacts and costs associated with utilities, chemicals and product and operational wastes through maximizing eco-efficient operation.
- Quality - Monitors quality against set standards and reports any product and packaging faults.
- Detects process abnormalities quickly and takes emergency action to prevent them.
- Able to perform basic Quality checks
Key Competencies & Skills:
- Minimum 2 years Experience of working in a Factory, Preferably FMCG (PC / HPC)
- Experience of working as part of an extended team within the manufacturing sector.
- Must be flexible within pattern of shift work to accommodate factory shutdowns, training courses, to meet increase in demands etc.
- Basic computer operating knowledge
- Strong Team player and communication skills.
Required to support report writing, data analysis, problem solving, leadership and coaching skills:
- Demonstrating basic Chemical and mechanical knowledge and ability to problem solve in a factory environment.
- Basic Operator Process - level require 10+2 passed with (Preferably with Science)
- Reading and Comprehension
- English Speaking & Writing
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.
Power Operator (Refinery Plant)
Nestle Middle East
Production Engineer (EPS Molding & Expansion)
Styro Insulations Materials Ind. LLC
|Abu Dhabi||23 Mar|
Quality Process Engineer
SSHE Assistant Manager