Job description / Role
• Make deliveries of our product to residential and commercial locations.
• Learn the names and personally recognize our regulars.
• Record completed delivery orders accurately and immediately report prior shift end.
• Accept COD payment, handle credit card machine and make sure all relevant details are handover prior shift end.
• Clean and maintain equipment/vehicle and work area associated with the job function.
• Be able to prioritize best routing for more than one delivery at a time.
• Maintain assigned schedule.
• Maintain vehicle in clean condition.
• Maintain proper hygiene, sanitary and safety practices as regulated by LM team.
• Maintain fuel level of assigned Vehicle.
• Follow traffic laws and drive in a safe manner to ensure safety of the driver, others on the road, condition of Vehicle and delivery orders.
• Immediately inform the Shift Supervisor of lateness or emergency mechanical failure.
• Inform Shift Supervisor of routine maintenance and repair.
• Responsible for loading and unloading vehicle.
• Responsible for accurate delivery of order with in SLA as well as the condition of orders.
• Adhere to all organization health and safety policies.
• Minimum 1-2 years previous delivery experience.
• Proper location knowledge of UAE roads and traffic.
• Possess suitable communications skills to create a positive interaction experience with our customers.
• Valid UAE Manual driving license – Minimum category 3.
• Should be able to work on 24 hrs. Shift cycle based on last mile delivery plan
Physical Demands and Abilities:
• Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
• Requires the ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods.
• Must be able to work in hot and cold environments.
• Should be able to drive for longer period i.e. farthest route to UAE border from Dubai.
About the Company
Established in 1979, Al Tayer Group is a privately-held, diversified company with operations in 12 countries in the Middle East and beyond. With over 7,800 employees from 95 different nationalities, the Group has its headquarters in Dubai, UAE.
Al Tayer Group operates leading, quality-focused businesses in automobile sales and service, luxury and lifestyle retail, perfumes and cosmetics distribution, engineering as well as interiors contracting. The Groups portfolio includes several of the worlds leading brands such as Armani, Bvlgari, Banana Republic, Ford, Ferrari, Gucci, Gap, Harvey Nichols and Maserati. The Group operates over 180 stores across multiple markets in the Middle East. In addition, Al Tayer Group has investments in commercial real estate, contracting, supply chain management, precision tools manufacturing and travel agency services.