Job description / Role
Duty Manager - THE8 HOTEL
Reporting to the Room Division Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following.
Th8 Dubai is a pre-opening 5* hotel, located at the Palm Jumeirah Island, inspired by the fashion, glamour and jet-set lifestyle of the cool white sands and art deco scene of Miami Beach. The hotel boasts of its direct beach access with uninterrupted views of the Palm, Dubai's iconic skyline and the Arabian Sea that will provide an ultimate luxury experience at the Palm Jumeirah. The project has a total of 162 guest rooms and suites and 3 food beverage outlets with creative & unique concepts. In addition the hotel also features meeting facilities covering over 200 square meters that can host a range of events from small corporate meetings, product launches and team building activities to outdoor receptions and bespoke social events beach and poolside.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Overlook the overall hotel operations
- Monitor responsible use of all available systems and equipment in the hotel.
- Daily Competitors Performance report, in relation to daily statistics, are monitored and accurately recorded.
- Act in the best interests of the Hotel during the absence of Executive Committee Members and Department Heads.
- Handle all guest comments or complaints relating to all Departments and take necessary action.
- Conduct a complete facility inspection of the entire hotel at least once during shift.
- Ensure that all incoming reservations for the day match the necessary accommodation.
- Constantly check reservations to ensure room availability and special blockings are handled correctly.
- On overbooking situation, facilitate the reservation of alternate hotel, supervise guest transfer, and make rational decisions best for the hotel.
- Communicate with other departments to ensure proper handling of guests and groups.
- Ensure reservation requests for suites and other special accommodations are met when possible.
- Conduct regular inspection of VIP rooms and of the entire hotel and liaise with the housekeeping department on deviation from standard set-ups.
- Ensure that public areas are clean and up to standards.
- Be on hand to meet and escort all arriving VIPs ensuring that their needs are satisfied.
- Ensure proper completion of all local government requirements concerning hotel guests (i.e. securing/scanning of acceptable document from guests and forwarding the same to CID/Police through established electronic method).
- Ensure the strict control of room keys. Supervise the key handling procedures for maximum security.
- Assist subordinates during peak periods.
- Ensure that all rooms which are due to check-out are checked and the daily housekeeping discrepancy reports are resolved.
- Be constantly aware of the room situation of competitor hotels.
- Ensure that all wake-up calls are in order and completed punctually.
- Passion for guest service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible and reliable.
- Fluency in English, secondary language preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year in the same role in a luxury hotel
- Must have the ability to handle a multitude of tasks and Guest requests.
- Should possess or seek certification in basic first aid.
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Assistant Manager (Duty Manager) - Front Office (Arabic Speaker)
Guest Relations Manager