Job description / Role
As Duty Manager, you will be responsible for the completion of daily shift requirements for the Front Office Department including the Concierge and Guest Service.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Consistently offer exceptional, friendly, and engaging service
- Ensure the best selection for the guest and ensure revenue is maximized through up-selling
- Recommend property facilities and assist guests with information and special requests
- Book room reservation requests, enter rooming lists, and update accurate information in the system
- Responsible for the operations of the front desk following Accor's hotel standards and ensure guest satisfaction under the supervision of Front Office Manager.
- Prepare for daily arrivals in terms of room allocation, amenities and any guest special requests.
- Perform Check in & Check Out using Opera
- Handle guest complaints and take action to ensure satisfaction is delivered
- Accountable for cashiering duties, foreign exchange transactions, night audits tasks and settlement upon guests' departure.
- Handle issuance of guest room key cards and ensure effective control for guest security.
- Coordination with, Housekeeping, F&B other concerned departments
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous experience in a similar leadership role is an asset
- Prior experience working with Opera
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities and the ability to lead by example
- Fluency in English; additional languages are a plus
Your team and working environment:
The iconic Queen Elizabeth (QE2) Dubai's first and only floating hotel is a 497 room hotel and one-of-a-kind entertainment destination, rich in History where the past is relived in the luxury of today.
Guest experience is a true British Heritage and history with a visit to one of the world's most celebrated ocean liners, now permanently docked in the new marina at Dubai's Port Rashid in the UAE.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.