Job description / Role
Ready for a career move and be part of the amazing team? We are looking for a new talent to play a vital role in our Front Office department working alongside a fantastic team.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
As Duty Manager your role will include such as:
- Provides a professional and guest focused service to our guests, ensuring satisfaction through maximum recognition and attention from arrival through departure, making sure their stay is a memorable experience.
- Reports directly to and communicates with the Front Office Manager or delegates on all pertinent matters affecting guest service and hotel operations.
- Supervises and directs Reception and Reservation Personnel.
- Monitors appropriate standards of conduct, uniform, hygiene and appearance of staff.
- Monitors billing instructions and check credit limit.
- Ensures front line staff complies with FIT marketing techniques and maximize sales.
- Provides functional assistance and direction to all departments.
- Monitors and controls expenses incurred in the department.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
- Makes sure to apply the departmental standards and procedures.
- Has full knowledge of any special promotion, all internal memos and activities.
- Has full knowledge about the ALL program .
- Makes sure to be always present in the lobby and specially whenever there is a function in order to welcome, assist and direct guests.
- Attends and solve guest complaints.
- Performs the on job training and role play when needed.
- Supervises the performance of the reception team, concierge team, telephone operators and Guest Relations to ensure that guest is receiving prompt, cordial attention & employee recognition.
- Checks room availability of the day & the current situation of the rooms.
- Checks all arrivals and their blocked rooms (paying rooms, complimentary rooms, or groups...)
- Checks all in-house guests.
- Checks all in-house groups and their arrangements (payment, meals...)
- Ensures the proper circulation of all information regarding groups.
- Checks and follow up on all meet & assist plan for the day.
- Checks all expected departures and their balance.
- Checks all vacant rooms: -Clean -Dirty -Out of service.
- Ensures that lobby, desk area, & back area are in the best condition.
- Maintains appropriate standard of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniforms & grooming of all staff.
- Makes sure that shift reports (emergency reports and others...) are done .
- Promotes internal hotel sales & facilities.
- Is aware of the hotel credit policy.
- Inspects VIP rooms before arrival.
- Orders front office supplies on weekly basis & ensure that printed materials stock is sufficient.
- Checks and follows up on attendance record.
- Must accomplish obligations and goals and ensures smooth running of FO operations.
- Must assist all staff under his/her control in the accomplishment of their objectives.
- The responsibility and authority of the Duty Manager extends to where ever the guest is inside the hotel (room, reception, restaurant, gym...) in coordination with related departments.
- Continuously report pro-actively on risks and opportunities to the Front Office Manager so that insight is created for team decision making.
- To develop interactive customer relations and to be aware of any possible future requirements.
- Carry out the duties of any related position when requested by management.
- Being thoroughly familiar with Front Office procedures as well as with related Mövenpick Operational Standards, The Duty Manager recognizes arising guest problems and complaints early enough to satisfy the guest as early as possible to reach the target of "zero complaints".
- Works in harmony with FOM, and AFOM.
- Is responsible of ensuring maximum guest satisfaction through personal recognition and involvement with repeat guest. Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards
- Provides supportive functional assistance to all departments and interacts with guests, members of the community and coordinates with all the departments.
- Ensures that repeated guests and all VIP guest receive personalized treatment and services.
- Is the leader of the shift on all sub-sections of the Front Office department.
Your experience and skills include:
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Should be able to communicate well in English, Arabic Language is a plus.
- Ability to mentor and develop teams
- UAE Experience is preferred
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.