Job description / Role
A unique blend of contemporary design and urban chic, Fairmont Dubai is an icon in the business heart of the city. Fairmont Dubai brings together luxurious surroundings and modern amenities with renowned Fairmont service.
What you will be doing:
Representing The Fairmont Dubai through excellence in guest service, the Duty Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the Front Desk team. This is done through leading, teaching, coaching and inspiring the Supervisors and Colleagues of the Front Desk. Reporting to the Front Office Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Ensure guest satisfaction levels and standards of quality of service, in addition to actively developing and implementing new systems and standards.
- Handle Guests comments and complaints, ensuring Guests needs are met or exceeded.
- Ensure efficient training and development of personnel by means of detailed systems and procedures in the Front Office (training manuals, fact sheets, internal coding systems, etc.)
- Oversee and participate in guest relations and direct arrangements for VIP and special attention reservations.
- Give effective support to staff for the work, which has to be done and assists in all matters pertaining to the Front Desk.
- Responsible for personal cash float.
- Ensure Fairmont policies and procedures are known, followed and enforced, promote the philosophy of empowerment within guidelines
- In all that we do create and be responsible for smart goals that help to achieve yearly objectives.
- All other duties assigned.
Your experience and skills include:
- Knowledge of Opera and Microsoft Office.
- Minimum of one year previous Front Office supervisory experience.
- Highly organized, career and result oriented with the ability to be flexible with hours, days off, assignment and additional duties.
- Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be strong team player with proven leadership, development and delegating skills.
- Highest Guest service skills, talent and knowledge with the vision and ability to lead employees to excellence.
- Diploma in Hotel management an asset.
- Previous International experience essential.
- Second or third language an asset.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift.
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.